How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

16 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

Sofia,Poznan,Nantes,Lisbon,Porto,Athens,Budapest,Berlin,Marrakesh,Singapore,Warsaw(from Chopin,not modlin),Wroclaw,Málaga;just ones I've been to,plenty more I'm sure

How much are they to town?

ETA, just checked Málaga. 4 euros each way on the bus. Is that also "a ripoff"?

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Edited by Leith Green

If you really want to do it cheap you can walk up to the Hilton and pick up the Lothian bus for £2 into the city but in reality from the Airport into the city by bus or tram is quite good in all fairness,of course there is cheaper out there in various cities around the world but largely it's a lot cheaper than most 

On 26/04/2024 at 19:03, highlandmac said:

Sofia,Poznan,Nantes,Lisbon,Porto,Athens,Budapest,Berlin,Marrakesh,Singapore,Warsaw(from Chopin,not modlin),Wroclaw,Málaga;just ones I've been to,plenty more I'm sure

Craig & Charlie's first crack at lyrics for 'Letter From America'.

On 25/04/2024 at 18:09, Leith Green said:

Its £8 for a return on airport bus, £9 for a return on the tram.

Based on the many countries I have visited, these public transport options are a fucking bargain......................................

Prague Airport, bus then metro to the city centre is 40CzK (£1.30).

The price of a pint metric gives lie to the claim that those options are necessarily cheap by local standards (see Krakow). Prague meanwhile has been constantly battling to upgrade its connections for 15 years and will be doing so for the next decade because it's not actually efficient regardless of the price. 

For some bizarre reason, people seem to believe that shitey wee third rate international airports like Glasgow and Edinburgh (second rate) must have some designated, taxpayer-funded hyperloop service to/from their doorstep in order to be effective and accessible. Comparing either with Singapore FFS. 

On 16/04/2024 at 07:30, Burnieman said:

My passport never works at egates in the UK, but anytime abroad and having to use them, it works.  Work that out.

Basically, Edinburgh Airport cannot cope with the amount of flights it handles.  In reality the terminal building needs demolished and rebuilt.