Motherwell v Hibs / Rangers - Play Off Final

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite Motherwell's 3-1 lead I would still reserve caution as the job is still only half done.

It is still only a 2 goal lead.

Don't worry m9. The Well bois know the script.

<<< itk 8)

Rangers did look good from just before their goal until the end of the match, but still looked susceptible to the counter. Motherwell probably dropped back a bit more than they would have liked as they continued their game plan of trying to pick them off on the break. So subs Walsh and Ferguson looked better, and more threatening, than they would've from the start. Particularly when you remember Straker was on at this point.

As posted in the other thread , Motherwell deserved winners on the night , so no arguements there . Goal gives us a slight and I mean very slight chance . Hope to see Walsh and Ferguson start on Sunday as they did make a

Real difference when they came on

Despite Motherwell's 3-1 lead I would still reserve caution as the job is still only half done.

It is still only a 2 goal lead.

Is absolutely correct, we're still well capable of fucking this up. Terrified that we end up looking at Ainsworth's chance to show a perfectly executed fire drill as being the thing that could've won it for us.

Taking heart from McGregor being out, and McCulloch almost certainly in, because I'll enjoy watching him trying to get near to Ainsworth, Erwin, McDonald or big fucking Marvellous Marvin Johnson.

Reading this thread has been almost (but not quite) as good as the game :)

I was there in 1997 for the last win at Ibrox but last night's performance and the seethe from the Rangers supporters was even better than that day - and the lock-in at the end was a great laugh. From my perspective, there were two main factors to the win - firstly, our midfield 3 of Lasley, Pearson and McDonald were simply outstanding - and the Rangers midfield were 2nd best for most of the game. Secondly, I found McCall's approach completely bizarre in the first leg of a two-legged tie - it was incredibly naive to throw so much forward in a way that he didn't against QOTS or Hibs. It completely played into our hands and allowed us to pick them off again and again - Rangers could have been more considered and even a 1-0 advantage would have been worth having - pub team level tactics from McCall.

The best thing about last night after years of nightmares that it was obvious that the usual Motherwell inferiority complex wasn't there and it did look like a higher division versus a lower division team.

Motherwell actually did to Rangers what I expected Rangers to do to Motherwell when I heard the line ups.

Credit to Baraclough for outwitting Mr McCall.

Archived