Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I def too much time on pie and bovril what time you sign on the dole with the rest of the tax doggers across the road

I work 6:30 AM to 5:30pm - I go dogging with my mates from HMRC call centre approx 8PM at tempy woods.

You coming along?

I assume dole was a typo, we sign on the hole post dogging if that's what you meant.

#Deefiantwoz'ere

Imagine posting in your closest rivals thread?

Genuinely not my fault you boys are so easily riled and so often blind to the machinations within your club that it makes good sport.

I'll happily admit I spend a lot of time on P&B at the moment due to various factors at work, a side effect of that is posting and your thread was pretty busy pre season.

Gone affy quiet now for some reason?

Calm down dear.

You do seem the sort who cares more about United's current shitiness than your own team so by all means enjoy yourself.

http://dufc.co/news/club-statement-11/

Dundee United can confirm that Rodney Sneijder’s contract with the Club has been terminated by mutual agreement.

Manager Jackie McNamara said: “This is the best solution for Rodney first and foremost. We have a responsibility to protect the player’s health moving forward and respect his current situation.”

Everyone at Dundee United wishes Rodney all the very best for the future.

The Club will replace any replica shirt which has been purchased from Dundee United Direct and customised with the player’s name.

There's a lot wrong with Utd at the moment but that's a decent gesture with the tops.

I remember when I got my Dee top with Marco De Marchi on it, boy was frozen out after a red vs hearts in the early rounds of the cup and never played again.

Never got a replacement and ended up giving it away to a barman in Turkey. Wankers.

If a player is suffering from mental health issues I'm not sure why it is a "minter" for United? Some would say we shouldn't have signed him in the first place but if he has appeared to have been okay and given the impression he wanted to come here the club offered him a contract the same they would with anyone. He has since had some problems which we allowed him to go home to get help for. Then he decided he doesn't want to come back so we agree to terminate his contract and refund any fan who has bought a top. What part is the "minter" part of this story?

I can't help but feel Utd are hiding behind mental health issues to cover their arse here.

Jackie signed a player he had barely seen and knew nothing about and its backfired spectacularly.

Can only assume that's his career finished if he's had to cancel a contract due to mental health issues so he won't be signing for any other clubs (certainly not in the near future) you would assume?

ETA Utd fans are hiding behind mental health issues, as Utd have certainly said nothing of any mental health issues.

Archived