Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Slightly off topic, but a question for the Dundee fans who like to lurk here.

On a scale of "one" to "losing a cup tie to a team in the third tier", just how embarrassed should United fans be about Rodney Sneijder?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nervously awaiting the 4th round now!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely never knew he ever went to United :lol:

Yup, I think he was signed despite apparently being miles away from being match fit in a blind panic around the time during Houston's last season that Barry Douglas was given a few weeks compassionate leave. If memory serves correctly he managed about half an hour in a reserve match before going off injured and never being seen again. Absolute shocker of a signing but tends to get forgotten about due to the fact that season we also signed Rudi Skacel, who clearly wished he was still at Hearts, and Brian McLean. :lol:

As for Sneijder, I had a bad gut feeling this signing was gonna turn out to be an embarrassing hyped up dud when I saw the video of him getting paraded around during the Watford friendly, being fawned over by everyone purely on the basis of who his brother was. Never expected it to end up being as much of a clusterfuck as it has been. At least he didn't show anything in that brief appearance in the Aberdeen game that will make us regret the fact he's gone. Plus we've got a new amusing contribution for any future embarrassing disaster signings topics. :P

Arnar Gunnlaugsson was a bit of a let down, remember him being massively hyped and just being utter shite. Good season nonetheless.

Ah yes, that was my first year as a season ticket holder...We didn't win a home game in the league until fucking February. What a year. :(

He played a few more games IIRC where he wasnt as bad as that game but terrible none the less.

He played and started three games in total for us, all in the league and we lost two of them. We did win the other game he appeared in, however he had to be subbed off after just over half an hour. He helped us win the Scottish cup though, according to his wikipedia page.

Ah yes, that was my first year as a season ticket holder...We didn't win a home game in the league until fucking February. What a year. :(

Yeah the drama across the road overshadows how shit we were :lol:

Did McKay play in a 4-4-2 with ICT?

Not entirely sure mate, think it was more of a 4411 but don't quote me on that. Dreading the thought of McKay up-front and McNamara's stylish hoofball. "Durnan looks long for McKay and United lose the ball ".

ETA: There is some potential in us playing 4411, Darko/Erskine behind McKay. Alternatively Muirhead and McKay would be a pretty decent front two I'd say, McKay working off Muirhead.

Saw Spittal, Telfer, Simon Murray, and Ryan McGowan in the union last night.

Telfer is a wee chubber, Murray looks like the elephant man with a ridiculous ginger barnet, and McGowan is a bit beasty. Spittal just looked like a pleb.

Not entirely sure mate, think it was more of a 4411 but don't quote me on that. Dreading the thought of McKay up-front and McNamara's stylish hoofball. "Durnan looks long for McKay and United lose the ball ".

ETA: There is some potential in us playing 4411, Darko/Erskine behind McKay. Alternatively Muirhead and McKay would be a pretty decent front two I'd say, McKay working off Muirhead.

McKay played as a lone striker for ICT when Butcher was manager. And if any team played hoofball, it was Butcher's ICT. They were brutal - long diagonal balls all day long.

McKay seemed to be quite happy with that type of football.

Archived