Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id be surprised if its us he is at. We are doing just fine in attacking options , we really need a cm/cdm type of player and a winger that doesnt moan if hes on the bench. United have just signed a striker so it be a bit surprising if they sign him too unless some are offski?

Wonder how Mixu will rate Muirhead. He certainly didn't really impress whilst at Partick and the current formation we play means he would have to dislodge McKay, which isn't really going to happen. I would like us to drop one attacking midfielder in favour of another striker, so it looks a little like a 5-2-1-2.

Wonder how Mixu will rate Muirhead. He certainly didn't really impress whilst at Partick and the current formation we play means he would have to dislodge McKay, which isn't really going to happen. I would like us to drop one attacking midfielder in favour of another striker, so it looks a little like a 5-2-1-2.

agree, would like to see two upfront but Mixu won't change it :(

Only legacy from McNamara that is positive is the 4-2-3-1. If you can encourage each of the three attacking midfielders to go beyond the lone striker when needed it's a better option that two up front IMO.

However any manager must be clear about what formation he wants his team to play and bring in players to fit that formation. I know we've had a fairly big squad but many/most of the squad have been peripheral, youngsters or just poor (in some cases all three). A more streamlined squad will mean having a core of players that can fit into a particular system. This will be essential for budgetary reasons, particularly when where playing in the Championship.

Only legacy from McNamara that is positive is the 4-2-3-1. If you can encourage each of the three attacking midfielders to go beyond the lone striker when needed it's a better option that two up front IMO.

However any manager must be clear about what formation he wants his team to play and bring in players to fit that formation. I know we've had a fairly big squad but many/most of the squad have been peripheral, youngsters or just poor (in some cases all three). A more streamlined squad will mean having a core of players that can fit into a particular system. This will be essential for budgetary reasons, particularly when where playing in the Championship.

The system we play just now doesn't really allow for anyone to get beyond the lone striker, which makes a two upfront a bit more substantial in terms of attacking threat (in theory). I like a good 4231, it is probably the most flexible formation you can have if you get it working.

Hopefully.

All three are completely hopeless

Is this a woosh? If you're talking in absolute terms you may have a point, if you're talking in relative terms I would disagree with you about Demel and Dixon; can't see many Arabs disagreeing about Durnan.

Is this a woosh? If you're talking in absolute terms you may have a point, if you're talking in relative terms I would disagree with you about Demel and Dixon; can't see many Arabs disagreeing about Durnan.

Dixons been an abomination since he rejoined and Demel is so slow, its like he has an opened parachute attached. Whilst Demel looks technically decent, we need more energy in that midfield two of him and Ranks and at times they get overloaded as Demel doesnt do enough for me

Dixons been an abomination since he rejoined and Demel is so slow, its like he has an opened parachute attached. Whilst Demel looks technically decent, we need more energy in that midfield two of him and Ranks and at times they get overloaded as Demel doesnt do enough for me

From the present squad who would you play left back/left wing back ahead of Dixon?

Up until the Derby, where he was awful, I thought Demel had been decent the games I'd seen him play. I also thought he needed time to bed in and get a it of match fitness. For me the jury is still out but if we're playing two defensive midfielders maybe Rankin and Paton is still the best partnership.

Archived