Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win those two games in 'hand' and the head-to-heads with Killie and Hamilton and we're in the play-off spot and only four points off safety.  If we don't win them then, obviously, it disnae matter.

Has anyone else got the fear that Mixu will be with us next year? My mind is well and truly made up on him. Tactics, signings, substitutions, there is really nothing he has brought to this team apart from maybe making the players a bit more aggressive in terms of our general play but thats about it.

Has anyone else got the fear that Mixu will be with us next year? My mind is well and truly made up on him. Tactics, signings, substitutions, there is really nothing he has brought to this team apart from maybe making the players a bit more aggressive in terms of our general play but thats about it.

I sure do.

Tried to be supportive but the man has no clue and whilst I've tried to deny it we do seem to be worse under him than Mcnammara.

He will not get us promoted next year.

I also suspect Mixu will be our overlord in the Championship. I remember saying before McNamara was punted that literally anyone with managerial experience would do better, but Mixu has come in and disproved my theory. 

We needed someone to organise us at the back first and foremost, get the basics right and make us harder to beat. Instead the new manager introduces an exotic back 3 system which the players are clearly not familiar or comfortable with, and perseveres with it despite it somehow making our defence worse. The icing on the cake being the introduction of Gavin Gunning to the clown show. 

I also suspect Mixu will be our overlord in the Championship. I remember saying before McNamara was punted that literally anyone with managerial experience would do better, but Mixu has come in and disproved my theory.

We needed someone to organise us at the back first and foremost, get the basics right and make us harder to beat. Instead the new manager introduces an exotic back 3 system which the players are clearly not familiar or comfortable with, and perseveres with it despite it somehow making our defence worse. The icing on the cake being the introduction of Gavin Gunning to the clown show.

The football may be totally rank but we clearly are now harder to beat.

Originally I wasn't overly critical of the Gunning signing, mainly because we were desperate for defenders when he came in but he has been an absolute disaster. He is a mistake waiting to happen every game. Our shambolic defending has been the most difficult aspect of this season for me, considering we had, for a few years at least, managed to hold together a consistent backline. How I wish for Kalvenes, Dods, Webster and Dillon.

f**k knows what kind of recruitment plan we have for the summer. 

Mixu has to go even if a miracle happens and we stay up. If not it will be a McNamara situation all over again. Hopefully this time around ST realises that the cost of keeping him is greater than the cost of letting him go.

As for Gunning, my predictions were true. Don't like to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Gunning was decent for you lot in his first stint, was he not?

Gunning has severe psychological issues. That's not a flippant comment, it's a genuine observation. The manifestation of this is him adopting a 'couldn't give a f**k' attitude too often on the pitch.

Thompson won't spend any money sacking mixu, it'll be a case of waiting until his contract is up and letting him go in 2 years unless we're in serious danger of relegation from the championship. Really can't see anything other than wallowing down there for at least a couple of seasons with has beens and dross football chasing faint hopes of promotion. Just hope we scout with more of a long term view next time and keep Gavin gunning or anyone of his ilk as far away from tannadice as humanly possible.

Thompson won't spend any money sacking mixu, it'll be a case of waiting until his contract is up and letting him go in 2 years unless we're in serious danger of relegation from the championship. Really can't see anything other than wallowing down there for at least a couple of seasons with has beens and dross football chasing faint hopes of promotion. Just hope we scout with more of a long term view next time and keep Gavin gunning or anyone of his ilk as far away from tannadice as humanly possible.

There must surely be a relegation clause for both parties to invoke?

No, he was not...

Thats harsh. He was always decent enough but as Granny points out his head is total mince and his psychological problems have caused him to regress in to a maniac who is a liability both on and (I would imagine) off the field. As a manager Mixu must shoulder the blame for first of all signing him and then secondly starting him every single week. I am like a broken record with this one but how Dillon cannot get in to a team that features Gunning and Morris is beyond me. 

I don't even know what kind of player I think we need next year given I have no idea as to what system we will be playing or who will still be here come the summer. All in all I have a very, very bad feeling about the next few seasons. 

Archived