Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the discussion was about what may happen next season?

It was, but you said the reason your current financial output is the third highest is due to the number of players and not wages of those players. According to your own clubs page, you've a first team squad of 26, at least one of those is out on loan.

tbh I think Muirhead could do a job for us in the championship

Yeah, but that's not the question. I'm sure someone on here previously posted that he's an immature twat. If so get him to f**k.

Stab in the dark at it....

Zwick - fairly cheap - first full time pro deal

Szromnik - fairly cheap - perennial backup

Durnan - good money - in demand, paid a fee, rated

Donaldson - good money - from an ex prem/championship team

Dixon - one of your highest earners pre demel etc. Fan favourite, back from England, former international, signed at a time you made good money etc

Dillon - club captain, high earner (can't believe he's got another year btw)

Paton - decent/good money

Telfer - tricky one - I'd say more than your average youth player but less than a star player , maybe average prem wage

Fraser - cheap (depending on when his deal started)

Spittal - decent money

Bodul - big money

Anier - big money

Murray - more than he should be. Friends of his state Utd offered well in advance of his other suitors

Muirhead - good money - big fee etc

Utd are seen as big payers and their "decent" may be higher than the league norm. Certainly too high for the championship.

It was, but you said the reason your current financial output is the third highest is due to the number of players and not wages of those players. According to your own clubs page, you've a first team squad of 26, at least one of those is out on loan.

And given that some if not most of those high earners will be away next season....

Your argument is based on us having the third highest prem wage in the championship, that will most likely not be the case.

I welcome your next goal post shift though.

Stab in the dark at it....

Zwick - fairly cheap - first full time pro deal

Szromnik - fairly cheap - perennial backup

Durnan - good money - in demand, paid a fee, rated

Donaldson - good money - from an ex prem/championship team

Dixon - one of your highest earners pre demel etc. Fan favourite, back from England, former international, signed at a time you made good money etc

Dillon - club captain, high earner (can't believe he's got another year btw)

Paton - decent/good money

Telfer - tricky one - I'd say more than your average youth player but less than a star player , maybe average prem wage

Fraser - cheap (depending on when his deal started)

Spittal - decent money

Bodul - big money

Anier - big money

Murray - more than he should be. Friends of his state Utd offered well in advance of his other suitors

Muirhead - good money - big fee etc

Utd are seen as big payers and their "decent" may be higher than the league norm. Certainly too high for the championship.

When you factor in our other less-than-some, more-than-others outgoings, and compare against our that's-a-decent-wedge income, then it leaves a vague, f**k knows total.

Could be worse, could be better. We'll take it all on board and come up with future plans.

I posted this list a while back but in terms of first team squad members, currently it is -

Zwick, Szromnik, Durnan, Donaldson, Dixon, Spark, Dillon, Paton, Telfer, Fraser, Spittal, Bodul, Anier and Murray.

And Muirhead

​Edit - Powerhouse beat me to it.

I'm feeling slightly better about that than when I first saw it a number of weeks ago, durnan isn't quite the non stop shit fest he was and anier and Donaldson seem to have come on to better games, even Telfer seems to be making a difference at livi. I feel 1000 times more at ease looking at any squad listing which doesn't have gunnings name on it

Only players I'd want punted next season are Bodul and Dixon

I know bodul has been absolutely pish this season when he's played , but there's something about him where I reckon he could go on some sort of scoring spree. He was like bilate in the sense where he always threatened to be a good player without actually doing anything. Id be tempted to try play him in some championship games. Then again in all likelihood that would probably backfire and lead to being 30 points adrift by Christmas

What's up with Demel and Kawashima. They out for the Derby or back, not heard much about them two?

They will both be on from the start, you always get this tangerine 'mind games psuedo injury shite' before every derby. Thank you.

They will both be on from the start, you always get this tangerine 'mind games psuedo injury shite' before every derby. Thank you.

The uncertainly surrounding the availability of a 42 year old perma-crock fringe player must be playing havoc with Hartley's tactics.

The uncertainly surrounding the availability of a 42 year old perma-crock fringe player must be playing havoc with Hartley's tactics.

When that '42 year old perma-crock fringe player' is the absolute best United have to offer, then obviously.

Archived