Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought this day would come,

Relegation at Dens Park.

I really didn't think this would happen.

Well, it went like this.. Loss after loss.

Some players were crap and they lose their jobs..

And whose fault is this? It's Stephen Thompson.

Stephen Thompson, Stephen Thompson, Steven Thompson, Steven Thooooompson.

You sold our players for the greater good.

You sacked McNamara as soon as you could,

But you brought in a manager who looked like a MEATBALL.

He brought in many new players like Gav Gunning and Guy Demel,

But they were just BLOODY SHIT! And whose fault IS it?!

It's Stephen Thompson!

Stephen Thompson, Stephen Thompson (Get out the club), Stephen Thompson, Stephen Thooooomson.

Most of the talk by the Arabs on here is still looking back to the season past and what went wrong / who is to blame.

To move on, McKinnon has a huge job over over the summer to accumulate and gel a new squad capable of competing for automatic promotion. Any thoughts of players who could (or you would like to) be making their way to Tannadice? Free agents this transfer window obviously.

You sold our players for the greater good.

You sacked McNamara as soon as you could,

But you brought in a manager who looked like a MEATBALL.

He brought in many new players like Gav Gunning and Guy Demel,

But they were just BLOODY SHIT! And whose fault IS it?!

It's Stephen Thompson!

Stephen Thompson, Stephen Thompson (Get out the club), Stephen Thompson, Stephen Thooooomson.

I can never get passed that part without laughing

Hibs will throw everything they've got at promotion, St mirren seem to be getting their act together, Falkirk or killie in there, Raith will be in there, pars coming up on a high.....

Not going to be easy for Doondee united, not easy at all.

Hibs will throw everything they've got at promotion, St mirren seem to be getting their act together, Falkirk or killie in there, Raith will be in there, pars coming up on a high.....

Not going to be easy for Doondee united, not easy at all.

Which will make it all the more amazing when we achieve our glorious promotion back to the top flight next season/the season after next/in three years time/within the next century (delete as appropriate).

Most of the talk by the Arabs on here is still looking back to the season past and what went wrong / who is to blame.

To move on, McKinnon has a huge job over over the summer to accumulate and gel a new squad capable of competing for automatic promotion. Any thoughts of players who could (or you would like to) be making their way to Tannadice? Free agents this transfer window obviously.

not a clue really, need around 10+ players

No idea about specific names (hate it when people start listing players despite no knowledge of costs and quite often ability). For me, ideally we need...

1 x Goalkeeper

1x Fullback (at least)

2 x Central Defenders

2 x Defensive Midfielders

2 x Wingers/Attacking Mids

2 x Strikers

Not sure what system we will be playing next year so much will depend on that but a first team squad of about 15 with half a dozen younger players brought in and out of the side to increase the squad to the 21 mark.

We will be signing between 8 and 10 players in the summer. Massive task for McKinnon, not sure what our budgets are or his contacts are like. Two or three loan players would ease that a little but beyond that we need to rely on our recruitment 'network' *shudder*. Our signings have been consistently awful for nearly two years now so who knows what the summer will hold for us.

The season ends today! Celebration time! 

atpthrd.gif

Is that footage from last October?

All this talk of what players we need in what positions is reminiscent of the start of this season. As it turned out McNamara started with a completely unbalanced squad unsuited to the formation he wanted to play and without a suitably experienced keeper.

Hopefully history will not repeat itself.

All the talk is of hibs having to cut their budget for next season having been running at a loss for the past 2 years and not planning to be in the championship next year.

Hope Falkirk go up, killie would be in as bad a position as us if they come down.

Get Scott Allan in on loan for the year, just to really depress the Hibees further!

Although I know not being serious but I thought Scott Allan said he'd never return to Utd?

Lengthy article from Jim Spence in today's Courier. Suggesting the gulf between ST and the fans' groups is insurmountable.

He's apparently advised Thompson that he needs an early exit strategy but at the same time told the groups they have to accept that this will not happen overnight.

I'd like to know just how many Arabs these groups truly represent; I would suggest it's a pretty small minority of paying fans. Apparently some groups thought it would be better if the club were to go into administration. Anyone who has such a limited understanding of what that would entail really should not be 'representing' anyone.

Archived