Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football Manager style squad assemble for 2016/17

Out the door, no question...

Morris, Paton, McKay, Rankin, Ofere, Erskine, Dow, Szromnik, Spark, Anier, Sinama-Pongolle, McGovern, Demel

So, with the thinking that we should keep the squad small, and bring in 4/5 good players, rather than a dozen 'meh' signings, and with the option of keeping anyone we've got, I've gone with...

gk: Kawashima offered Championship wage. Can stay if he takes it. Otherwise NEW SIGNING

gk: Zwick

rb: Knoyle if West Ham will give him on season long loan. Otherwise NEW SIGNING

rb: Dillon stays as a player/coach and provides emergency cover (not captain)

lb: Dixon stays if willing to take a pay cut. He's not been great, but decent left backs are hard to find.

lb: Robson

cd: Durnan

cd: Donaldson

cd: Souttar

cm: NEW SIGNING - Preferably captain material

cm: NEW SIGNING / Loanee

cm: Fraser

cm: Telfer

wg: Spittal

wg: Coote

wg: Smith

wg: Johnson

cf: NEW SIGNING

cf: Murray

cf: NEW SIGNING / Loanee or Bodul if we can't shift him.

Football Manager style squad assemble for 2016/17

Out the door, no question...

Morris, Paton, McKay, Rankin, Ofere, Erskine, Dow, Szromnik, Spark, Anier, Sinama-Pongolle, McGovern, Demel

So, with the thinking that we should keep the squad small, and bring in 4/5 good players, rather than a dozen 'meh' signings, and with the option of keeping anyone we've got, I've gone with...

gk: Kawashima offered Championship wage. Can stay if he takes it. Otherwise NEW SIGNING

gk: Zwick

rb: Knoyle if West Ham will give him on season long loan. Otherwise NEW SIGNING

rb: Dillon stays as a player/coach and provides emergency cover (not captain)

lb: Dixon stays if willing to take a pay cut. He's not been great, but decent left backs are hard to find.

lb: Robson

cd: Durnan

cd: Donaldson

cd: Souttar

cm: NEW SIGNING - Preferably captain material

cm: NEW SIGNING / Loanee

cm: Fraser

cm: Telfer

wg: Spittal

wg: Coote

wg: Johnson

cf: NEW SIGNING

cf: Murray

cf: NEW SIGNING / Loanee or Bodul if we can't shift him.

I'm sure we've told Telfer and Durnan to sling their hooks, haven't we?

I'm sure we've told Telfer and Durnan to sling their hooks, haven't we?

and Donaldson and Dixon, but I'm going with the strategy that McKinnon might have some say in the matter!

and Donaldson and Dixon, but I'm going with the strategy that McKinnon might have some say in the matter!

Was saying this to Sarto, I'd keep Durnan and Donaldson definitely. McKinnon definitely should get a say.

Was saying this to Sarto, I'd keep Durnan and Donaldson definitely. McKinnon definitely should get a say.

Durnan was a very good player for QotS the season they kept giving Rangers a lesson in how to play fitba in the Championship.

No point purging players when there's little guarantee you can find better at the wages we'll have to offer.

Would also be better for McKinnon if he had to only concentrate on bringing in 4/5 good players rather than a whole new team.

I would like to see good money spent on an experienced keeper and central defender. Our defence has been woeful for years and if we're going to have a fighting chance next year , we have to build from the back. Durnan and Donaldson would both do well beside someone who could organise the defence better than Dillon.

The other big decision was who is going to do the phone line. Obvious really......

Lorraine Kelly

I'd say we need:

Gk: If Kawashima doesn't stay

RB: Maybe Knoyle on loan again, if not a new right back. Dillon back up.

CB: considering Durnan and Donaldson told to leave, probably looking to bring in 2 or 3 with Souttar pushing for a start and Dillon back up.

LB: Robson maybe, back up at least. Bring someone new in, more experience

Wingers: Smith, Johnson, Spittal and Murray(if needed). Think we look quite strong but could see us bring one winger in.

CM/CDM: probably position we have to strength most in. Probably bring in 2 players, Toshney maybe heard him being linked.

CAM: Fraser and Coote, maybe Telfer can't see us bring in anyone else here.

ST: Only Murray for striker, who could get around 15 goals I think. Probably looking to bring in another 3 strikers, El Bakhouti heard bring linked but doubt it.

So looking at defiantly: Left Back, Centre-Half's, Centre Midfielders, Strikers.

Maybe winger/attacking midfield, Goalkeeper and Right back

We've got a repair job to do next season, but while that is ongoing it will be interesting watching what pans out in the top league. I'm looking forward to the commencement of the 'Dundee FC Relegation Express' thread around the turn of the year and all the jolly japery that will bring.

We've got a repair job to do next season, but while that is ongoing it will be interesting watching what pans out in the top league. I'm looking forward to the commencement of the 'Dundee FC Relegation Express' thread around the turn of the year and all the jolly japery that will bring.

Triggers new broom, what a fucking joke team.

Archived