Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Cool, just came across like you're trying to make it really obvious how great a fan you are for supporting your club through a relegation.

Like it stank of that.

I don't think it makes me a 'great' fan or a 'loyal' fan or anything else. I just hope that those who are presently disillusioned look at the bigger picture.

I can understand the frustration of Arabs, it has been a shit season, but I'd imagine that we all want to get back into the top flight ASAP and withholding money from the club won't achieve that.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These three are belters. We could have won the Champions League and they'd probably still be debating about whether to come back.

They probably will come back, just to moan like f**k every week. Mind you, the mob that sit behind you aren't much better, they talk a huge amount of pish for 90 minutes. I experienced it first hand on Tuesday as I thankfully miss it most weeks due to being just out of earshot.

I'm also looking forward to next season. I generally don't go to many away games but I predict I'll make more than usual in the new season due to the allure of some exotic locations. Some of us were just discussing a scenic day/night out on the streets of Raith to be arranged when the fixtures are out. What a time to be alive.

Well this season's not panned out the way I hoped but I'm looking forward to next season. New venues, new challenges and steak bridies at East End Park.

It's encouraging that the Arabs I know personally are being pretty philosophical about things, though I'm hearing second hand stories about people not renewing their STs which I find a bit disappointing; hopefully they're in the minority and/or common sense will prevail. Whatever folk think about the club, the owner or the team walking away at this point is not the answer.

I went and got our season tickets today. I'll still be supporting the team at Tannadice next season and at as many away games as I can manage.

Still proud to be an Arab.

If everyone renews their season tickets (same price as last year I believe) where is the pressure going to come from to get Thompson out? Surely a large sale of season tickets would put Thompson in a relatively comfortable financial position and he would therefore simply sit back and wait on an offer that suits him financially. By not renewing your season ticket does that not put him under more pressure to sell the club quicker and for less money?

The less money spent buying it from Thompson would surely mean there would be more money to spend on players etc.

If everyone renews their season tickets (same price as last year I believe) where is the pressure going to come from to get Thompson out? Surely a large sale of season tickets would put Thompson in a relatively comfortable financial position and he would therefore simply sit back and wait on an offer that suits him financially. By not renewing your season ticket does that not put him under more pressure to sell the club quicker and for less money?

The less money spent buying it from Thompson would surely mean there would be more money to spend on players etc.

Depends on who is buying.

Depends on who is buying.[/quote

Well, Thompson is already quoted as saying he would only sell to the right person who could invest in / progress the club. Therefore whatever is spent acquiring Thompson's shares would need to be deducted from the overall money available to invest in the club itself.

Unless of course Thompson feels he has recovered enough money from the club and when the right investor is found is happy to transfer his shares for a nominal fee and walk away.

There's no scenario where a club starved of income, and everything that leads to, is the best option.

I was only at one steering group meeting of United For Change when fans when campaigning for Jim McLean to sell his shareholding. The most vociferous voice against any sort of ticket boycott was EddieThompson.

Well, Thompson is already quoted as saying he would only sell to the right person who could invest in / progress the club. Therefore whatever is spent acquiring Thompson's shares would need to be deducted from the overall money available to invest in the club itself.

Unless of course Thompson feels he has recovered enough money from the club and when the right investor is found is happy to transfer his shares for a nominal fee and walk away.

Thompson probably does want that but what if the fans put so much pressure on him and abuse him so much that he just thinks "f**k this and f**k you all, I'm gone", then sells to anyone. A tiny minority of our fan base have the potential of stepping over the line, I'm worried that scenario would then unfold.

There's no scenario where a club starved of income, and everything that leads to, is the best option.

I was only at one steering group meeting of United For Change when fans when campaigning for Jim McLean to sell his shareholding. The most vociferous voice against any sort of ticket boycott was EddieThompson.[/quote

Was it not due to Celtic's perilous financial position (in no small part brought on by fans staying away) that allowed Fergus McCann to take over Celtic? If the fans had remained blindly loyal would they not have been stuck with the previous board for significantly longer?

McCann might not have been to the liking of every Celtic fan but he definitely got things sorted out.

You're a fcuking moron.

Do I get a ban for that?

Totally worth it!

ps. Looks like we're playing Hibs next season.

You're a fcuking moron.

Do I get a ban for that?

Totally worth it!

ps. Looks like we're playing Hibs next season.

Nothing like a well structured counter argument and your reply was nothing like a well structured counter argument.

No idea if it gets you a ban but the 'm' word is widely considered to be an offensive term.

Archived