St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't be signing chris kane, that's for sure.

Going to be very tedious if we are hoping Thompson is going to be the main man this season, he's absolutely finished, as much use as a chocolate fire guard these days.

We won't be signing chris kane, that's for sure.

Going to be very tedious if we are hoping Thompson is going to be the main man this season, he's absolutely finished, as much use as a chocolate fire guard these days.

I'm afraid you're right, I was saying recently that Thompson would be a good option off the bench late in games but I don't think he would even be that. We desperately need another striker, if not two, as well as a left back.

I'm afraid you're right, I was saying recently that Thompson would be a good option off the bench late in games but I don't think he would even be that. We desperately need another striker, if not two, as well as a left back.

We had this exact conversation walking home yesterday. He's definitely done but will still possibly be able to make an impact. His legs can't carry him through 90 minutes anymore.

I certainly reckon another two forwards will come in. Hopefully one is Shankland and as has been said, Kane is dead in the water, think this came from the lad himself who said he's definitely going to be at St. Johnstone this season.

We definitely need another 2 strikers in, I'm not even sure Thompson would be any use off the bench, I'm surprised Murray gave him a new deal to be honest, he's completely done and defences will be rubbing there hands at the thought of playing against him.

I appreciate all Thompson has done for us but we can let sentiment get in the way anymore.

I can't believe you lot genuinely believed you'd be getting Kane :huh: Our manager said in January he didnt think it would do Kane any good to be loaned out again

I can't believe you lot genuinely believed you'd be getting Kane :huh: Our manager said in January he didnt think it would do Kane any good to be loaned out again

I don't think anyone genuinely did, aside froma bit of paper talk there was nothing about it.

That being said, why would we know what your gaffer said in January about one of your youngsters? To the majority of our fans he's a young lad who was out on loan under Murray last season. It's not THAT huge a stretch to imagine him out on loan at us.

When Radio Scotland recently covered the fakes exit from Europe it was mentioned that Kane may be loaned out again this season.

Kane seemingly scored a hat trick against queen of the south yesterday, no danger will he be joining us.

When Radio Scotland recently covered the fakes exit from Europe it was mentioned that Kane may be loaned out again this season.

Then shite journalism is to blame!

I'm not sure how people can say that Thommo is "done" after watching two friendlies, if they've even seen both or either of them.

Thommo's main strengths are feeding off crosses into the box and creating chances for his teammates in the final third.

On Saturday, there wasn't one decent pass/cross into the box for him to even attempt to get on the end of and his team mates showed as much attacking intent as the Swiss army.

If we actually get some quality deliveries into the box and show some attacking intent in the final third, then we might be able to tell whether he's "done" or not.

Just can't see Thompson working as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 like we tried on Saturday. He can still do a job but he effectively needs someone to do all his running for him. If he's starting it needs to be alongside someone else or a proper 4-3-3 with McMullan and someone else like Morgan or McLear pushed as far forward as possible.

We definitely need some more strikers in. No idea about the guy who came on against Bradford, there's sod all on the web about him apart from an article about his assistant manager saying rather unsavoury things about his girlfriend.

Archived