Rangers 2015/16 season thread

Yeah, I must say I'm surprised Rangers have sold that many season tickets. Just goes to show what a fantastic support Rangers have.

True there won't be laughing at Rangers on here this season. Some may have to actually talk about their own team that they apparently support! :)

It just goes to show what a big support Rangers have and it's a great shame that this is the case.

Even if Rangers do well, I'm sure you'll continue to provide us with lots to laugh at.

I talk about my own team constantly.

Other than all that, top post.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers are deed pal. I get along perfectly well with most people who supported them,most of my friends are supporters of the team that play at Ibrox, yet you have not one friend who supports Celt*c.

Bitter, nae just enjoying the journey.

Reckon we'll have a similar turnout for our opener on Friday night as your mob did against Ross County, not a bad support for a 'deed club' ? And no I don't have any C*ltic supporting pals what's your point?

Reckon we'll have a similar turnout for our opener on Friday night as your mob did against Ross County, not a bad support for a 'deed club' ? And no I don't have any C*ltic supporting pals what's your point?

Is that a conscious decision or do you just not tend to mix with them(*)?

(*) 'Them' being roughly 10% of the Scottish population.

Is that a conscious decision or do you just not tend to mix with them(*)?

(*) 'Them' being roughly 10% of the Scottish population.

Of course there are people I know or acquaintances I come across who follow the Hoops, but no I can't say that I go out out of my way to be friends or otherwise, it's just the way it's worked out over the years nothing more. I've no problem at all if that's the case in reverse, it wouldn't bother or surprise me in the slightest.

Of course there are people I know or acquaintances I come across who follow the Hoops, but no I can't say that I go out out of my way to be friends or otherwise, it's just the way it's worked out over the years nothing more. I've no problem at all if that's the case in reverse, it wouldn't bother or surprise me in the slightest.

On BOTH sides of the wall, this is what sickens me. Celtic and Rangers fans who cut others out of their lives because of the football team the other supports.

Un-fecken-believable. The whole rich panoply of life and friendship limited by an accident of yer great-grandad's birth?

There's more to life than football. Really.

Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett tells a bizarre story about a potential signing who had a change of heart and left halfway through his medical.

The player - who remains unnamed - had his head turned by another club offering more money.
"We had one (signing) that took about five weeks and we had a medical and he got through half of the medical and he disappeared," he recalled.
"I won't name the name but he ended up in Scotland two days later signing for another team. You've just got to take it on the chin and crack on."

I think I've got a fair idea who he's talking about there...

League won already?..... :)

I'm joking, of course, but that Dumbarton scoreline yesterday was great result for Rangers..

If Rangers can get a win against Alloa next weekend, which I'm guessing will be very difficult given Rangers' style of play doesn't suit the Alloa playing surface, we could go into the match against Hibs the following weekend able to open up a 6 point gap. Can Hibs afford to fall that far adrift of Rangers even only after 3 games?...

Still sticking to my 'league won by 10+ points' prediction. So far so good. :)

Absolutely delighted with the performance from Rangers today at Alloa. Those are the type of games you expect to be tricky but Rangers dominated from start to finish and could easily have had another few goals. I thought they were denied two onside goals and a clear penalty for example (albeit ironically scored an offside goal)

Tavernier, Wallace, Law, Waghorn, Halliday and Miller were excellent and Oduwa when he came on was running past players with ease. He could quickly become a fans favourite if he continues to play like that!...

Absolutely delighted with the performance from Rangers today at Alloa. Those are the type of games you expect to be tricky but Rangers dominated from start to finish and could easily have had another few goals. I thought they were denied two onside goals and a clear penalty for example (albeit ironically scored an offside goal)

Tavernier, Wallace, Law, Waghorn, Halliday and Miller were excellent and Oduwa when he came on was running past players with ease. He could quickly become a fans favourite if he continues to play like that!...

Yes, it looked at times as if one of the sides was much much more expensively assembled than the other. The scoreline seemed to reflect some sort of hideous disparity in size and resources between the clubs.

The pride that emerging victorious in these mismatches must inspire.

Good post, pundy. You missed out Jason Holt who put in a storm of work, though. I reckon he's a steal at £65K. Miller also put in some shift and seemed to be a defensive midfielder for parts of the game as well as scoring a brace.

Who was the official MOTM? I'd have given it to Wallace if he'd not been ball watching for the Alloa goal.

Archived