Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

Or that we signed Shivute, and THEN sent him home while we tried to get a work permit! :lol:

Or that we tried to sign Bruce Grobbelaar! :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some incredible stuff in there, this was a highlight for me:

"One of McLeish's former signings, Andy Roddie, was named as man of the match in his debut for Swedish side Ljungskile at the weekend."

SOUND.

The site is interesting as it captures the club at a time where it was still frighteningly amateur by today's standards and the availability of news via the internet was going through it's first big growth - so it was more apparent to the punters than it had been in the days where tabloids, teletext and clubcall (yas!) were the type of outlets available. I remember being amazed at the positive coverage McLeish got in the media at that time versus what I could see with my own eyes and it gave me a healthy scepticism of anything that appears in the paper...

Abel Thermeus.

The Flask? Quality player.

I can still remember the papers when Mario Dorner signed - all full of drivel about how his name was like Maradona. Sort of.

Remember him telling us how he'd score 20+ in his first season? Don't think he quite made it.

Roy Essandoh swanning about the precinct with stevie mcmillan, both dressed head to toe in Motherwell shell suits, like it was downtown Milan is the abiding memory of my mid teenage years

I feel kehald kemas deserves a mention absoutly terrible player who had one move and that was it.

I mind he scored an absolute peach in a 6-1 (?) pumping against Livi, think that's about all he did..

I mind he scored an absolute peach in a 6-1 (?) pumping against Livi, think that's about all he did..

He scored a near identical one against us for Dundee unless my memory is playing tricks..

He scored for Motherwell in a 5-1 defeat to Livingston, at Fir Park. I remember Woods throwing in a couple that day.

Not to be confused with the James McFadden inspired 6-1 victory over Livingston (later on in same season I believe).

Archived