Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would we pay £1m when we signed an entire squad for less?!?!?!?!

Rangers fans refusal to accept they have no money is tremendous

To be fair that is pretty much true.

Tourmani is undoubtedly a decent player but no club in Scotland is able to compete with championship clubs in transfer deals, they can outspend us on the fee and outspend us on player wages. Rangers should not be even trying to compete against the likes of Leeds and it certainly is not embarrassing or even frustrating losing out against the likes of Leeds.

To be honest I would be more worried if we did try to compete against them, Rangers have played this correctly, not spending more than they can afford and nor is there any requirement to do so either, we have a good team and have strengthened already in this window.

The majority of Rangers fans seem to accept our position, so your second statement is pretty much nonsense.

:lol: yes, missing on a top target is great business.

imagine the day where a financial basket case like leeds is a better option than a financial basket case that is the rangers.

Against a club like leeds? obviously you are just trolling.

How the shitey have fallen :lol:

Imagine being a fan of that club these days growing up following them/glory hunting instead of their local side because they could get players like Laudrup, Gazza and De Boer, and now they have fallen that far they have to acknowledge a mid-table club in englands championship and who they beat convincingly in the battle of britian all they years ago are a far better prospect for a player who nobody has heard of who plays for a shite club who sacked the manager who is now in charge of them and who also bought their top prospect this time last year.

No wonder they are bitter.

Every decent size club in Scotland has had to settle for this, it is simply the reality of where our game has gone, it is also all relative, as long as we can field a team which can compete with the competition we face week in week out then I would imagine most Rangers fans will be happy, none of us covet the top players in Europe any more.

Rangers are different to most decent sized clubs though - they are supported by lots of glory hunters who started supporting on the basis of who they where signing and what they where winning.

Celtic, your main rivals in life, not in competition could easily afford the money asked for off Brentford. That must hurt, even if your not a glory hunting follower.

Rangers are different to most decent sized clubs though - they are supported by lots of glory hunters who started supporting on the basis of who they where signing and what they where winning.

Celtic, your main rivals in life, not in competition could easily afford the money asked for off Brentford. That must hurt, even if your not a glory hunting follower.

Sure Hibs don't have that problem as they don't have any glory to hunt.

Sure Hibs don't have that problem as they don't have any glory to hunt.

Exactly. We support our side mainly because it's our local side.

Unlike Rangers. Who mainly support them because of my above posts or they hate feenyuns.

Exactly. We support our side mainly because it's our local side.

Unlike Rangers. Who mainly support them because of my above posts or they hate feenyuns.

If I were you I'd be far more concerned about getting your fans to actually show up to your ground rather than talking about why they support the team.

All the Rangers fans I know are happy we are not spending over the odds on players anymore. We are top of the league and have strengthend during the window and may add more quality yet.

Apart from David King. I am pretty sure he was convinced that overspending was a requirement.

All the Rangers fans I know are happy we are not spending over the odds on players anymore. We are top of the league and have strengthend during the window and may add more quality yet.

There is paying over the odds on shite like Templeton Black and Boyd and then there's failing to pay the going rate for a player.

Can you point out how you have strenghtened?

If I were you I'd be far more concerned about getting your fans to actually show up to your ground rather than talking about why they support the team.

Why would I be concerned about other fans turning up to my ground? I support my club, my local club and it makes no odds who else supports them apart from mates and family.

All rangers fans have left of the glory hunting days is a bunch of them turning up on masse at Ibrox every second week thinking unexplanatory they have been hard done by and no surrender or some shit. Lets see where you are after a few more years of winning sweet FA and being rodgered off Celtic every single match.

Why would I be concerned about other fans turning up to my ground? I support my club, my local club and it makes no odds who else supports them apart from mates and family.

All rangers fans have left of the glory hunting days is a bunch of them turning up on masse at Ibrox every second week thinking unexplanatory they have been hard done by and no surrender or some shit. Lets see where you are after a few more years of winning sweet FA and being rodgered off Celtic every single match.

"Lets see where you are after a few more years of winning sweet FA and being rodgered off Celtic every single match"

As a Hibs fan you're an expert.

The going rate is just a matter of opinion though.

The SA saga had nothing to do with the going rate, the player went to warm celtic`s bench for roughly the same amount we offered.

Losing out to Leeds is certainly no embarrassment, English clubs have way more resources than their counterparts in Scotland and for the main part are accused of overspending.

The going rate is the price asked for a player that is matched. Rangers couldn't do that. They tried to underpay and respectfully unsettle the player using the media - like Scott Allan.

Old tricks don't work if you haven't got the dosh any longer I'm affraid.

"Lets see where you are after a few more years of winning sweet FA and being rodgered off Celtic every single match"

As a Hibs fan you're an expert.

Yep. And it's not the end of the world. It's football.

For a glory hunter it will be extremely tough. Think St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Hibs a couple times, Celtic - perhaps get used to it :)

Yep. And it's not the end of the world. It's football.

For a glory hunter it will be extremely tough. Think St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Hibs a couple times, Celtic - perhaps get used to it :)

As you said it's not the end of the world.

If we don't win anything for a while then so be it. We were dumped into obscurity in the 3rd division and still drew huge crowds to Ibrox.

Im not concerned at all, but thank you for spending so much of your time thinking about Rangers and their fans. Good to know other clubs fans are so concerned about us.

Archived