Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

So you are saying the record article was utter shite and that your own employees were speaking utter shite when they said that SA would not be sold to Rangers under any circumstance then?

Let's try this again..

It was Hibs who released the SA dealings to the press and Hibs made it clear that they would not sell to Rangers at any price, in the end celtic paid less, you have this one completely wrong.

Hibernian released a statement on our own website saying that under no circumstances was Scott Allan being sold to Rangers. Not the record, not the Sun, our own official website. Those publications then ran with the statement Hibs had made, that is not in question.

You stated that what Rangers had offered, is more than what Celtic paid so what I'm asking you for, is a link that shows A. How much Rangers offered & B. How much Celtic paid for Scott Allan.

I've got a very funny feeling that you won't be able to but I'll give you an option nonetheless.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's try this again..

Hibernian released a statement on our own website saying that under no circumstances was Scott Allan being sold to Rangers. Not the record, not the Sun, our own official website. Those publications then ran with the statement Hibs had made, that is not in question.

You stated that what Rangers had offered, is more than what Celtic paid so what I'm asking you for, is a link that shows A. How much Rangers offered & B. How much Celtic paid for Scott Allan.

I've got a very funny feeling that you won't be able to but I'll give you an option nonetheless.

The Hibernian statement was after the Sun and Record printed stories he was "desperate" to join his boyhood hero's and interview after interview with his wee pal Halliday. Rangers have leaked these stories for as long as I can remember - it's not official but it's leaked to the media, like the St Johnstone boy now and Brentford guy to unsettle the players and it worked. Allan handed in a transfer request to try and engineer the move to Rangers. Why was that if Rangers hadn't leaked it?

I also said 'roughly the same' the record article claimed we offered 300k and celtic 275k which is less.

What you seem hellbent on ignoring however was that this was in response to a posters claim that we were trying to underpay with regards to SA, The reason the the celtic bench warmer did not join Rangers was down to fact that Hibs were never going to sell to a rival.

When he could have sat tight for a season and joined his boyhood hero's in a few months time aye? :lol:

No, Rangers where interested - head got turned. Bigger and better club came in for him and his football ambition took over.

Nobody has any idea what either club a)bid or b)he was sold for. If it was the case he wouldn't get sold to Rangers why not bid £1m of big Mike's loans and wait for it to be rejected?

Proof that Rangers leaked this story please.

Call it 20 years experience of watching it happen time and time again. We both know it was leaked.

Would that have been from Hibs, who later released a statement in response to media report rangers where in for him? That would be naw.

Would it have been Allan himself advised by Rangers? Possibly

Would it have been Rangers? Probably.

Does anyone know what he was sold for? Nope.

Does anyone know how much Rangers bid? Nope.

SA handed in a transfer request because Hibs welched on a promise to let him go if a club he desired to go to, came calling.

"So Scotty, we promise you that if you sign for us we will let you sign for any club regardless of their status and regardless of the sum bidded"

hqdefault.jpg

When he could have sat tight for a season and joined his boyhood hero's in a few months time aye? :lol:

No, Rangers where interested - head got turned. Bigger and better club came in for him and his football ambition took over.

Nobody has any idea what either club a)bid or b)he was sold for. If it was the case he wouldn't get sold to Rangers why not bid £1m of big Mike's loans and wait for it to be rejected?

That's not how I read it as having panned out.

I'm sure he handed in the request in order to engineer the move to Rangers, probably on advice.

I don't think he was then attracted to Celtic instead. I think he just found himself having to leave and therefore joining the only interested club that Hibs were prepared to deal with.

I think it's turned out badly for him in that for the second time in his brief career, he's gone somewhere where he's now sidelined.

That's not how I read it as having panned out. I'm sure he handed in the request in order to engineer the move to Rangers, probably on advice. I don't think he was then attracted to Celtic instead. I think he just found himself having to leave and therefore joining the only interested club that Hibs were prepared to deal with. I think it's turned out badly for him in that for the second time in his brief career, he's gone somewhere where he's now sidelined.

He handed in a transfer request after his head was turned by the media stating Rangers wanted him. SA wasn't informed of any bids rejected for him from Rangers from anyone at the club. It came from Rangers' side and the media.

Why would he have to leave? Stay a season, get us up, be a pro and give 100% go to Rangers this year. No he went to a bigger side because ambition took over.

It has started badly at Celtic but again it did for Leigh there too. Players are ambitious though and want to play at the highest level.

He handed in a transfer request after his head was turned by the media stating Rangers wanted him. SA wasn't informed of any bids rejected for him from Rangers from anyone at the club. It came from Rangers' side and the media.

Why would he have to leave? Stay a season, get us up, be a pro and give 100% go to Rangers this year. No he went to a bigger side because ambition took over.

It has started badly at Celtic but again it did for Leigh there too. Players are ambitious though and want to play at the highest level.

After handing in the request, it was going to be difficult to crawl back.

Celtic was the only direction left. I don't think he chose them for football reasons at all. I think he was left in a position where he had to make such noises.

I think he gets above himself and is easily seduced by hype and ill advice.

After handing in the request, it was going to be difficult to crawl back. Celtic was the only direction left. I don't think he chose them for football reasons at all. I think he was left in a position where he had to make such noises. I think he gets above himself and is easily seduced by hype and ill advice.

I don't think so, our management would have let him continue and Scott Brown done the same as him and got supported.

I also said 'roughly the same' the record article claimed we offered 300k and celtic 275k which is less.

What you seem hellbent on ignoring however was that this was in response to a posters claim that we were trying to underpay with regards to SA, The reason the the celtic bench warmer did not join Rangers was down to fact that Hibs were never going to sell to a rival.

Ah so because the papers said it, it must be true :lol:

Yes because Allan couldn't have sat it out for 5 months and signed a PCA could he?

Absolute muppet caught talking shite once again and participates in shite whataboutery when he has no concrete evidence to back up his inaccurate claims.

Absolutely brilliant seeing the Rangers fans still hurting over the Allan deal.

Twitters glorious for Saints fans. Despite our chairman telling the Country Rangers haven't contacted him since their £200k bid was rejected, we've apparently "moved the goalposts" constantly as we're desperate for the "Blue pound" and O'Halloran is absolutely devastated.

Twitters glorious for Saints fans. Despite our chairman telling the Country Rangers haven't contacted him since their £200k bid was rejected, we've apparently "moved the goalposts" constantly as we're desperate for the "Blue pound" and O'Halloran is absolutely devastated.

"Rangers won't take no for an answer" was the line we got. Pure gold.

Archived