BLATTER GONE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that'll happen is that we'll get his hand-picked successor who will be voted in by the combination of CAF and AFC.

Didn't realise till I saw the story on the BBC that CAF actually has more votes than UEFA - CAF and AFC combined have 100 members/votes. No wonder nothing ever changes - too many hands in the till.

All that'll happen is that we'll get his hand-picked successor who will be voted in by the combination of CAF and AFC.

Didn't realise till I saw the story on the BBC that CAF actually has more votes than UEFA - CAF and AFC combined have 100 members/votes. No wonder nothing ever changes - too many hands in the till.

Does the same apply if all of Uefa, Concacaf, Conmebol and OFC vote the one way too?? I really don't see how this affects football as a sport in the slightest. Business and legal matters, certainly. But who is this shining knight everyone seems to think will fix it all??? It aint broke. No pun intended.

Does the same apply if all of Uefa, Concacaf, Conmenol and OFC vote the one way too?? I teally don't see how this affects football as a sport in the slightest. Business and legal matters, certainly. But who is this shining knight everyone seems to think will fix it all??? It aint broke. No pun intended.

Personally i think every country should get 1 vote and if in the world's top 40, 2 votes, top 20, 3 votes, top 10, 4 votes. This would keep democracy in FIFA but also put the footballing countries first. So Germany had more of a say than some diddy country like Monserrat or England

It always gets interesting after a crowned head falls. I have a mad theory this is a tangential step - if you can get such a thing - towards a European league.

Personally i think every country should get 1 vote and if in the world's top 40, 2 votes, top 20, 3 votes, top 10, 4 votes. This would keep democracy in FIFA but also put the footballing countries first. So Germany had more of a say than some diddy country like Monserrat or England

That would put Rupert Murdoch in charge.

the king is dead,but.......

replaced by whom?

lets remember,he was voted in, the successor in all likelihood is going to be from the diddys who thought he was the right man for the job last week?

very glad hes gone,though,good riddance to bad rubbish,hope the americans get their hands on him eventually

Clearly FIFA is corrupt, and there are a lot of individuals who have made, and continue to make a lot of money from football in most dodgy ways imaginable.

It's right he has gone, but will it really change things? Should be fun watching the jockeying for position. The English FA and media will hit new heights of self-centered, hypocritical, self-righteous shite, that's for sure. >_>

Spain/ France and 16 other european nations voted for him

lets remember,he was voted in, the successor in all likelihood is going to be from the diddys who thought he was the right man for the job last week?

Read the answer above

Clearly FIFA is corrupt, and there are a lot of individuals who have made, and continue to make a lot of money from football in most dodgy ways imaginable.

It's right he has gone, but will it really change things? Should be fun watching the jockeying for position. The English FA and media will hit new heights of self-centered, hypocritical, self-righteous shite, that's for sure. >_>

This going to the funny bit,already seen calls for you no who to be given a world cup and when the chosen one doesnt get to be president it will be funny as f**k

This going to the funny bit,already seen calls for you no who to be given a world cup and when the chosen one doesnt get to be president it will be funny as f**k

Since the arrests last week I've started re-reading Andrew Jenning's excellent 'Foul', a book I would recomend to anyone interested in the FIFA story just now.

One of the things I'd forgotten was how the English shafted Blatter's opponent (Lennart Johansen) when Sepp was first elected in 1998 because Blatter led them to believe he would award them the 2006 WC. Ironic given Johansen was standing on an anti-corruption charge.

Since the arrests last week I've started reading Andrew Jenning's excellent 'Foul', a book I would recomend to anyone interested in the FIFA story just now.

One of the things I'd forgotten was how the English shafted Blatter's opponent (Lennart Johansen) when Sepp was first elected in 1998 because Blatter led them to believe he would award them the 2006 WC. Ironic given Johansen was standing on an anti-corruption charge.

Read it years ago i hope he is sitting with a large cigar and brandy about now

Archived