BLATTER GONE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new president is either going to be 1) as bad as before if the investigations go nowhere ( which doesn't look likely ) or 2) better purely because they have to be. But make no mistake. Blatter going makes no bit of difference. As he'd be going for those two options as well.

Personally i think every country should get 1 vote and if in the world's top 40, 2 votes, top 20, 3 votes, top 10, 4 votes. This would keep democracy in FIFA but also put the footballing countries first. So Germany had more of a say than some diddy country like Monserrat or England

Thats too much like commn sense. No one would ever want to admit it, far less implement anything about it, but at least half, if not two thirds of Fifa members are at best 'associate' members who largely do f**k all for the game.....hence where the majority of the guys sharing a cell are mostle Carribbean reps. Your suggestion here carries some weight, in that the top countries (not necessarily the biggest ones btw) should have their ability to organize, plan, and execute succesful qualifying and Finals competitions based on following their model set-ups. And managing it without lining their pockets when visiting the latest sub-Saharan lunatic despot or planting nesteggs in their palm-tree paradise whrn visiting their chums. Good idea.

Thats too much like commn sense. No one would ever want to admit it, far less implement anything about it, but at least half, if not two thirds of Fifa members are at best 'associate' members who largely do f**k all for the game.....hence where the majority of the guys sharing a cell are mostle Carribbean reps. Your suggestion here carries some weight, in that the top countries (not necessarily the biggest ones btw) should have their ability to organize, plan, and execute succesful qualifying and Finals competitions based on following their model set-ups. And managing it without lining their pockets when visiting the latest sub-Saharan lunatic despot or planting nesteggs in their palm-tree paradise whrn visiting their chums. Good idea.

Could easily make the same arguments and say Clyde don't deserves a vote in Scottish Football.

Could easily make the same arguments and say Clyde don't deserves a vote in Scottish Football.

Can't you read??? Marr's original post referred to all nations having one vote.....not that its relevant here anyway, Scottish fitba's adminstrators are just shit, and nowhere near good enough to be succesfully on the take!! and, anyway.......isn't Gordon Broon only upset that he never got the fucking votes HE paid for England's bid en route to the pissing and moaning that's ensued from them since???

It always gets interesting after a crowned head falls. I have a mad theory this is a tangential step - if you can get such a thing - towards a European league.

Surely The Rangers will be amongst them?

Suddenly America gives a shit when Russia is awarded a World Cup and Quatar wins won ahead of America?

Next thing.......Russia is corrupt here's proof. Obvious motive is obvious.

It's been 4 and a half years.

I actually applaud the Yanks for all this.

Could be bad news for UEFA nations - Blatter has done a good job of looking after Europe and South America while talking a good game to the rest of the world. Don't be surprised if future presidents court Africa and Asia with the offer of more World Cup spots.

All that'll happen is that we'll get his hand-picked successor who will be voted in by the combination of CAF and AFC.

Didn't realise till I saw the story on the BBC that CAF actually has more votes than UEFA - CAF and AFC combined have 100 members/votes. No wonder nothing ever changes - too many hands in the till.

They should hold the election in New York, most of Blatter's boys will be to scared to turn up.

Surely The Rangers will be amongst them?

[\quote]

A couple of years ago I read about a group of club with a regular European presence getting together to discuss '2016'. It isn't merely a Euro competition summer, there's a significant event in the calendar the detail of which escapes me, sorry to say.

Archived