Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Get in there Cowden! We're on our way to Ibrox and live on Sky as well. Well deserved payday for the club! Loved my ETB day out on Saturday. Couldn't make this one because of work, but this is sweet beating the smokies to get through. Couldn't have scripted it better!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to the lads on this brilliant result.

The possibility of the Rangers tie was obviously a huge incentive, but also introduced a lot of pressure for tonight's match.

So now we'll be on the telly at Ibrox, and, who knows, maybe Rangers will have an off day in front of the Sky cameras and we can sneak a winning goal in the last minute.

OK. I know, I know...

Well done to the lads on this brilliant result.

The possibility of the Rangers tie was obviously a huge incentive, but also introduced a lot of pressure for tonight's match.

So now we'll be on the telly at Ibrox, and, who knows, maybe Rangers will have an off day in front of the Sky cameras and we can sneak a winning goal in the last minute.

OK. I know, I know...

Would rather sneak a replay. I know we should want to win these games but for clubs like us a cup run is a chance to make some money.

Full credit to Cowdenbeath tonight after a second trip up to Arbroath.

Let's use this money sensibly and perhaps invest wisely for example extend Bretts contract.

I also see Danny Lennon has just stepped down as Alloa manager but Nish done the business as did the players tonight and they must be congratulated.

Very nervy 2nd half but we got there and that's what was important.

Fantastic xmas present for the club

Full credit to Cowdenbeath tonight after a second trip up to Arbroath.

Let's use this money sensibly and perhaps invest wisely for example extend Bretts contract.

I also see Danny Lennon has just stepped down as Alloa manager but Nish done the business as did the players tonight and they must be congratulated.

Very nervy 2nd half but we got there and that's what was important.

Fantastic xmas present for the club

It was mainly nervy because of the importance of the tie and Bobby Linn - Cowden crested much more danger in their attacks throughout. Spence and Smith were excellent and ran the Arbroath defence ragged. Deano meantime will never come closer to scoring a hat trick. Lots of advice re how to spend cash - I suggest we just pay directors loans back!

It was mainly nervy because of the importance of the tie and Bobby Linn - Cowden crested much more danger in their attacks throughout. Spence and Smith were excellent and ran the Arbroath defence ragged. Deano meantime will never come closer to scoring a hat trick. Lots of advice re how to spend cash - I suggest we just pay directors loans back!

I didn't know there were loans to payback I must have missed that I know there has been significant contributions made but didn't know they were classed as loans.

Great we got the result and the club can use the cash as they see fit

Are you trying to put us back in the red again!!

Whatever we do with it, just don't waste it.

Will Murdoch play in the next round? Assuming we get to keep him for longer. Can we keep him longer?

Murdoch and Smith have become key players for us. Smith sometimes lacks in decision making but still an important player. My wish would be to keep Murdoch, Smith or bring in someone similar to Smith, tie up Sneddon and Brett on longer deals and possibly another decent centre half.

Not sure that would be feasible but priority would be Sneddon and Brett.

Brett actually looked like he was struggling a bit tonight.

Whatever we do with it, just don't waste it.

Will Murdoch play in the next round? Assuming we get to keep him for longer. Can we keep him longer?

Thought the rules had been clarified that you can't play against your parent club.

Rangers are doing fine without him this season so I hope we can keep him.

Good to see Beaumont finally make an appearance. We'll need him if Murdoch goes somewhere else.

Archived