Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

I didn't know there were loans to payback I must have missed that I know there has been significant contributions made but didn't know they were classed as loans.

Great we got the result and the club can use the cash as they see fit

There has been significant input by the Directors over the last few years - most we originally put through as donations but latterly we have deemed some as loans as well as donations. You are talking significant sums but I was only joking - would be amazed if we ever got some money back!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been significant input by the Directors over the last few years - most we originally put through as donations but latterly we have deemed some as loans as well as donations. You are talking significant sums but I was only joking - would be amazed if we ever got some money back!

Its a full credit to the Directors that have kept the club afloat with their own money and it's not my place to say whether they should get their money back but we need to use this windfall in my opinion to preserve the future of Cowdenbeath Fc.

I do hope though we can get a return on investment into the directors contribution one day as they fully deserve to get something back as without them and the chairman there would probably be no Cowdenbeath Fc

Its a full credit to the Directors that have kept the club afloat with their own money and it's not my place to say whether they should get their money back but we need to use this windfall in my opinion to preserve the future of Cowdenbeath Fc.

I do hope though we can get a return of investment into the directors contribution one day as they fully deserve to get something back as without them and the chairman there would probably be no Cowdenbeath Fc

Absolutely.

This

I do hope though we can get a return on investment into the directors contribution one day as they fully deserve to get something back as without them and the chairman there would probably be no Cowdenbeath Fc

Murdoch and Smith have become key players for us. Smith sometimes lacks in decision making but still an important player. My wish would be to keep Murdoch, Smith or bring in someone similar to Smith, tie up Sneddon and Brett on longer deals and possibly another decent centre half.

Not sure that would be feasible but priority would be Sneddon and Brett.

Brett actually looked like he was struggling a bit tonight.

Dean was having difficulty with coughing fits on the pitch.

Dean was having difficulty with coughing fits on the pitch.

Not good. Hopefully nothing too serious. There was one instance where he was chasing a ball down with an Arbroath player and got nowhere near him. Knew something was up.

Still put in a shift though as per usual.

Don't see why not.

About time we got some luck in a cup draw. Let's hope there is a decent turnout for the game and if there is some money in the kitty for players and

it isn't wasted like it was in recent seasons.

The manager deserves credit too as it can't have been easy for him to do so much on his own. New assistant should make a big difference.

As for the players, they all seemed to be pulling in the same direction too and did well last night. We do still have weaknesses as was shown in the game against Peterhead but winning last night should be a confidence booster for the games coming up.

Survival in this league still is the most important thing. Arbroath have made a fair bit of money in recent seasons with cup games but it hasn't helped them much.

Everyone associated with the club will have a wee spring in their steps this morning.

Well done to all.

Absolutely. Ensuring the continuing survival of the club as a viable community asset has total priority.

I do keep reassuring my loving and supportive wife that 'one day' we will get our return on investment in the club.

However, I am sure that CC will continue to remind all that Roof Fall still needs the Supporters Council and fans to raise £60000.00 this season.

I am also confident that any windfall from Rangers/TV will be used wisely to advance the Chairman's and the Board's strategy for our long term future.

Great result for the club last night. Gayfield is a difficult place to go to on a Monday night and come away with a win . Full credit to the players.

If this gives an opportunity to pay back some of the money to the Directors who have sacrificed so much for the Club then that would be an excellent outcome.

Absolutely. Ensuring the continuing survival of the club as a viable community asset has total priority.

I do keep reassuring my loving and supportive wife that 'one day' we will get our return on investment in the club.

However, I am sure that CC will continue to remind all that Roof Fall still needs the Supporters Council and fans to raise £60000.00 this season.

I am also confident that any windfall from Rangers/TV will be used wisely to advance the Chairman's and the Board's strategy for our long term future.

Couldn't disagree any more. This season the club was skint and asked the fans to participate in roof fall to help financially. Many have although how much has been raised I don't know. We now have as good a pay day as we could possibly ever get unless we flukes a long run in the Scottish cup. The fans should not now be placed in a position where they HAVE to raise £x amount more for roof fall. Part of roof falls overall budget included a small income from the cup so it has over achieved this season.

UNLESS there is some kind of long term end goal for which the club is saving for. That would include saving part of the cup/sky money and should have been some of last seasons championship money with 3 of Scotland's biggest clubs in the league.

The fans and directors should not be investing extra money in when we have had good revenues last season and now this cup game.

Otherwise we are just completely unsustainable. Simply yahooing all the money (again) on loads of dross players wages etc will only alienate fans further.

Great result for the club last night. Gayfield is a difficult place to go to on a Monday night and come away with a win . Full credit to the players.

If this gives an opportunity to pay back some of the money to the Directors who have sacrificed so much for the Club then that would be an excellent outcome.[/quote

Got my vote.]

Couldn't disagree any more. This season the club was skint and asked the fans to participate in roof fall to help financially. Many have although how much has been raised I don't know. We now have as good a pay day as we could possibly ever get unless we flukes a long run in the Scottish cup. The fans should not now be placed in a position where they HAVE to raise £x amount more for roof fall. Part of roof falls overall budget included a small income from the cup so it has over achieved this season.

UNLESS there is some kind of long term end goal for which the club is saving for. That would include saving part of the cup/sky money and should have been some of last seasons championship money with 3 of Scotland's biggest clubs in the league.

The fans and directors should not be investing extra money in when we have had good revenues last season and now this cup game.

Otherwise we are just completely unsustainable. Simply yahooing all the money (again) on loads of dross players wages etc will only alienate fans further.

We need to be clear on this. The club went to the fans with a baseline budget and what we could afford to fund. To fund what the fans actually wanted cost more than that - we could run the club at nearer the baseline level but would be rendered uncompetitive. Thus the fans agreed to support a budget that included £70k extra which they committed to playing a full part in supporting/raising.

As regards progress, have been in touch with Supporters Council on a couple of occasions suggesting they meet Board - I understand though they have had very little feedback from supporters. At present looks like Roof Fall is on target to generate a bit over £30k so there remains a need to focus on closing the gap. The Rangers match is immaterial to that. Roof Fall does not include any cup gate monies as it is based on matters fans can influence and directly impact on rather than the vagaries of cup draws. This cup draw has no impact on Roof Fall

The situation re last season has been explained many times and I am afraid there is a misconception that extra income is easily set aside for future years. The cost of running a championship side able to compete against 3 of Scotland's biggest clubs rose substantially as players recognise the opportunity for enhanced wages - your rivals are all willing to pay more so to keep them you need to match expectations. Other costs re security, police, etc shoot up. Over and above that you need to consider the significant level of funding provided by directors - the extra income meant for once they could potentially contribute less albeit that went by the wayside due to poor signings. Again there is limited evidence that clubs in recent years have been able to capitalise on such opportunities to any great extent in financial terms beyond the short term.

The other aspect to consider this season is that league one wages have been pushed up by league 2 wage levels increasing quite significantly. This is because of the potential for relegation out of League two by play offs now. Thus those clubs need to take an economic gamble to avoid that as the downsides are very significant. That has pushed up league one wages as league 2 clubs offer increased terms from before.

Sustainability - well that is up to the fans given we don't have big attendances we have to work very hard to survive in our rather unique situation. This is a fan run and fan funded club unless the fans are funding it nobody else is.

Finally, what should be the ambition for the club - to win promotion this season (bearing in mind potential income impact of a dunfermline promotion), to avoid relegation or to have cash but potentially be relegated?

sorry to blunder in on your thread, but what's the current crack with your ground?

obv the Brewsters have their own plans for Central Park which doesn't involve Cowdenbeath FC in the long term...nothing new on a possible alternative?

The owners have a medium term plan of running the stock cars that is it at present. Cowdenbeath Fc pay a rent - there is no opportunity for a property development on the horizon so status quo applies for the foreseeable

Ayr game moved to 29 December

Can I complain to SFA regarding the dates having games end and beginning of a year? They are not considering some supporters from foreign countries must go back to their home countries during international holiday period. Sad...

Can I complain to SFA regarding the dates having games end and beginning of a year? They are not considering some supporters from foreign countries must go back to their home countries during international holiday period. Sad...

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Archived