Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty embarrassing for Scottish football really.

Say what you like about Celtic, but they're the best team in Scotland by quite a distance and have been for years.

To watch them get hosed home and away by a mid table Norwegian team, after they got knocked out the UCL by a mid table Swedish team...

Chastening stuff. They're the best team we have but they aren't even a third rate side in European terms.

Our domestic game is almost as humiliating as our national team.

Probably true, but it's worth it.

No really. Ive admitted we got ragdolled tonight.

Its the idiocy of Thistle fans trying to lecture us on our standard of football that irks me. Especially when, well with the exception of DUFC, you's are the worst footballing team in the league lol

Look your wee meltdown aside, what's this apostrophe about? Curious, what's happening there?

As someone who's seen his side dispatch Norwegians giants Rosenborg, I'd like it if Celtic distanced themselves from our Country after tonights chastening defeat to a bunch of Norwegian minnows, a disgraceful result for a team who claim theyre one of the best in Europe.

Its the idiocy of Thistle fans trying to lecture us on our standard of football that irks me. Especially when, well with the exception of DUFC, you's are the worst footballing team in the league lol

Nobody's lecturing you, we're just laughing at you...

Utterly fukin useless tonight! The whole midfield was abysmal, Armstrong in particular was a complete wasted jersey all night.

Apart from young Tierney who was the only Celtic player on that pitch tonight, none of those other melts showed any fight, any desire or passion to win the game after going behind.

The Molde squad deserved the all the applause at the end.

The CL qualifiers will be upon us before we know it. Happy with the early capture of Bodaya and hopefully a striker follows soon. I'm also hoping Virgil stays for the qualification games at least!

Will Ronny get it right this year?

Will we get papped out of the same tournament twice again?

Will there be laughs to be had on this thread?

No.

No,

Yes.

^^^^ Salty tears.

And how is any of that workable in reality?

1. Keeping in mind Celtic don't have a veto to change the rules, I'm pretty sure clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts are not so keen on splitting gate money.

2. As above, Celtic don't decide the share of TV money, its a decision made by the clubs, not just 1.

3. Really? don't buy any Scottish players? That is the most ridiculously of them all. :lol: I remember a time when we didn't buy Scottish players and people would moan at us for bringing in all these foreigners

But tell me, what benefit is it for Scottish football for Celtic not to sign players from other Scottish teams? Are they all going to magically stay if Celtic don't buy them, or perhaps they will still leave the clubs to go elsewhere.

recent examples. Both Ciftci and GMS had already made it known they'd be leaving Dundee United at the end of the season, would have made no difference this year for DUFC

Take your blinkers off and welcome to the real world

You are either too young to remember or living in a parallel universe.

1. The keeping of gate receipts were driven by Celtic and rangers

2. The TV money was driven by the same two clubs, just after they introduced the 11-1 vote.

3. You are clearly delusional. You do NOT grow your own players. You have had effectively 5 years of freedom to do so. 5 years where there will be no challenge. Yet how many players have you brought through your ranks? Exactly.

It's quite clear that you have no ability to see beyond the paranoia that you have been brought up to believe.

intros

You are either too young to remember or living in a parallel universe.

1. The keeping of gate receipts were driven by Celtic and rangers

2. The TV money was driven by the same two clubs, just after they introduced the 11-1 vote.

3. You are clearly delusional. You do NOT grow your own players. You have had effectively 5 years of freedom to do so. 5 years where there will be no challenge. Yet how many players have you brought through your ranks? Exactly.

It's quite clear that you have no ability to see beyond the paranoia that you have been brought up to believe.

intros

I'm old enough to remember Clydebank

You're discussing the old SPL. Need I remind you the SPL did have a vote back in 2012 regarding the 11-1 system and guess what. They decided to keep it in place!

"Grown our own players" we are not a farm here. You do understand how football works?, plus any Celtic manager not looking at the best players in the country wouldn't be doing his job correctly.

I do note, you've completely dodge my point about these players leaving the clubs regardless.

Wonder why that is.

And you call me paranoid :lol:

Archived