ADL 2015/16

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was delighted with the battling performance the young Muirkirk boys produced on Monday night. Coming from a goal down to winning 2-1. Its a season of highs and lows and 5 tough games left. Hopefully the boys can pick up some points along the way and move up the table a little. But make no bones about it this year is a learning year and the boys have learned a lot. Physically I think they are competing more often now. What it will take for next season is a good pre-season (never got one at all last year) and the addition of a few experienced players which I'm more than sure the manager will be sorting now.

Its good to see a buzz about the club and the committee work hard at ensuring everything is in place and its appreciated by the players. A great wee set up with great potential no matter what young boys are there next year its been an experience and they will all have learned from it.

Whats worse? not having a team to field due to youngsters playing a cup final or a junior team not having a park to play on on a Saturday? No hidden agenda just I was getting some stick from Terry Tibbs re Muirkirk being unable to field a team due to my players being in a cup final (at his venue too) yet they cant play at their next Saturday either because of youth finals?

Now what was it you said Terry "boys football telling semi pro what to do" or something like that hmmmm double standards me thinks

Whats worse? not having a team to field due to youngsters playing a cup final or a junior team not having a park to play on on a Saturday? No hidden agenda just I was getting some stick from Terry Tibbs re Muirkirk being unable to field a team due to my players being in a cup final (at his venue too) yet they cant play at their next Saturday either because of youth finals?

Now what was it you said Terry "boys football telling semi pro what to do" or something like that hmmmm double standards me thinks

Boys football not dictating to us? Cup finals have been played at Dam Park long before we ever did. Whitletts are happy to let the boys have their finals twice a year. We provisionally book all our dates at the start of the season, and always ask what dates are needed for finals. And to answer your question, obviously it's better to have a team, as without players you can't play, plenty teams exist without their own ground. Hope that clears things up a bit for you!

Well done Irvine Vics on promotion! Great effort to go up at the 1st attempt. I know as well as anybody how hard it is to get out the ADL.

Cheers guys,it's taken a lot of hard graft fae Stevie and the boys to produce the consistency required to sustain the promotion challenge. Still a league to be won so can't take our eyes of the ball.

T

Ardeer bottom of the league again and, nearly as tragically, Darvels promotion push has faltered.

Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Recreation Park on league duty next season after all.

Not been a good evening.

Absolutely chuffed at promotion tonight. Not been able to get to many games this season through work which is disappointing though. Now to go on and win our remaining 2 games and put all the pressure on Girvan for the title now.

Mon the Toria!!!

Archived