If you could sign 3 players....

From the last 15 years that played for you previous who would it be and why? Obviously they would go straight into your team next season at the top of there game.

Had a good think about this.

Fabian caballero - I think pre injury he was almost unplayable, pace, power and brilliant footballer. The way defenders bounced off him and the skill and technical ability he had were brilliant.

Georgi nemsadze - again, technical ability was right up there. Probably in the top 10 midfielders outside the old firm that have played in SPL in its current format.

Zurab khizanishvili - excellent centre half that just oozed class. One of my favourite players to play for Dundee, loved the guy.

Hard to leave the likes of ketsbia, cannigia etc out but they would be the 3 id go for.

Be interesting to see people of other teams entrys.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie May - We haven't had a striker that's done as well as him since he left and I haven't seen any better before him.

James McCarthy - Quite simply brilliant and has done every midfield job very well in his career.

Tony Andreu - His time at Accies was better than McCarthy's, in my opinion (McCarthy is a better player, of course) and without him we'd be nowhere near where we are now. Was well on course for the league's player of the season until he left.

Chris Erskine, Graham Dorrans and Stephen O'donnell.

I rarely got a chance to watch thistle until about 2006, so our title winning team plus the players we have now are pretty much the best I've ever seen.

Can't remember much about Dorrans apart from that wild goal he scored, but he's been playin at a quality level since he left Livingston.

Javier Artero - Not even sure he hit the top of his game before being diagnosed with MS. Blistering speed and could pick out a cross better than any player i've had the privilege of watching while being in attendance at a match.

Julian Speroni - Without a doubt the best goalkeeper we've had play between the sticks in my time watching the Dees. Edges out Big Rab's first spell, but only just. Sorry Rab, will always remember the best save i've ever seen.

Leigh Griffiths - Has his attitude problems but currently with the form he's hit at Celtic this season he's finally starting to capture the potential he left behind at Dens.

Honorable Mentions - Fab Cab, Juan Sara, Giorgi Nemsadze, Temuri Ketsbaia, Fabrizzio Ravanelli, Jonny Hernandez, Marcelo Morrocco, Lee Wilkie, Barry Smith, Big Rab, Morten Wieghorst, Gavin Rae, Steven Tweed, Tommy Coyne, James Grady, Eddie Ananand, Fan Zhiyi, Claudio Caniggia and Darius Adamczuk - I'd hate to leave any of them out.

My honorable Mentions clearly stretch back more than 15 years but hey you can't help but mention some of them.

Considering our current squad: Andre 'Crazy Horse' Hainault, Don Cowie, Michael McGovern.

I did consider Charlie Adam too, but I don't think he'd fit the style that Jim set our team up to play and we'd have to completely change the whole concept of the team to accommodate him. Sounds stupid, but there is logic in there, honest. Honourable mention to Lee Wilkie too though.

Stevie Naismith as he is now, reasons are pretty obvious.

Alexi Eremenko mk1, the original form signing please.

Freddie Dindeleux, never had another defender come close to his level since he left. Frazer Wright and Mark Connoly do get honourable mentions as the best we've had in this time though.

Archived