The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Can't win against a rank rotten saints team.  Finish one point ahead of the worst saints side in years.  And this is looked at as a success for the ton.

Here was me thinking that the rabble that got relegated last season was your "worst side in years" - you seem to be going through them at a fair pelt. That is however just another addition to the absolute litany of fail streaming from the spoon-burners at the moment. Clearly they built their hopes up after the last derby match, only to see The Famous effortlessly cruise home anyway. Bless.

They used to claim that they weren't bothered, not one bit, about the head to head fixtures - now they're treated like the Champions League final between Atlético and Real Madrid. They're not.

They then try to cite how rubbish their side has been as if that is somehow a mitigating circumstance for finishing in the bottom half of the league with huge Premiership parachute payments, bagging their manager and bringing in a parade of panic signings half-way through the season. It doesn't.

They then try - if they can still see the screen through a torrent of salty tears - to build a straw man about how finishing above them constitutes the definition of 'success' for Morton. This Morton side had a successful season because it achieved consolidation in the form of a top-half finish and two cup quarter finals. Your rabble had an unsuccessful season because they achieved precisely none of the above on a much, much higher budget. So... it's not.

The league table speaks for itself; back in your box.

1282014053.png

Edited by vikingTON

^^^ Falling back on personal insults, hackneyed memes and his favourite 'back in your box' slogan when his wit predictably falls short yet again. I would say I thought you were better than that, but I really, really didn't.

I wish my expectations were as low as yours; that way I might think we'd had a 'superb' season as well. I guess that's what years of sustained inferiority has done for you.

It's not an attempt at 'wit' to state that absolutely no-one cares about what you can 'accept' champ: it's a statement of fact. You seem to think that your view of the club is somehow relevant to this thread or will cover up for the utter fail of your rabble outfit: it isn't and won't though.

Back in your box then.

1282014053.png

:lol:

You were the one who described your one-point advantage over us as 'superb'.

Your friend dYb described it as 'glorious'.

Finishing ahead of us in the league is clearly the pinnacle for Morton.

You'd give both of your tiny, tiny bollocks to experience a fraction of the success that even we, basically a fairly shit side, have experienced in the last 35 years. 

Oh, and trying to use our superior budget and better recent standing as a stick to beat us with?! Smooth. All you've done is draw attention to our long-standing superiority. That superiority remains today, despite you managing to scrape an extra draw than we did this year. That superiority remains despite you desperately trying to pretend that we haven't been lording it over from a considerably higher league position than you for almost two decades, prior to this season. 

To be honest, our superiority has been so ingrained that taking the piss out of you became passé. I wish we'd stuck with it because you've clearly allowed one extra draw accrued over a season to make you forget your true station in life as St Mirren's eternal bitches.

It's a bit like when Liverpool fans wheel out the "look at our history" to opposition fans in an effort to mask their growingly hilarious league positions behind Southampton & West Ham, and years of doing f*ck all.

Or, St Mirren fans will bite at anything VT throws at them because they're still sobbing they can't mane any more "forever in our shadow" MS Paint 2006 jobs. If superiority over Greenock Morton is/was a barometer of success, you're as well just liquidating now tbh.

It's a bit like when Liverpool fans wheel out the "look at our history" to opposition fans in an effort to mask their growingly hilarious league positions behind Southampton & West Ham, and years of doing f*ck all.

I think we're just getting a bit carried away now.  we should all just calm down you finished above us congratulations,  you couldn't beat the saints congratulations us.

It was a simple play on this season.  Not exactly cracking the history books open lol

:lol:

You were the one who described your one-point advantage over us as 'superb'.

Your friend dYb described it as 'glorious'.

Finishing ahead of us in the league is clearly the pinnacle for Morton.

You'd give both of your tiny, tiny bollocks to experience a fraction of the success that even we, basically a fairly shit side, have experienced in the last 35 years. 

Oh, and trying to use our superior budget and better recent standing as a stick to beat us with?! Smooth. All you've done is draw attention to our long-standing superiority. That superiority remains today, despite you managing to scrape an extra draw than we did this year. That superiority remains despite you desperately trying to pretend that we haven't been lording it over from a considerably higher league position than you for almost two decades, prior to this season. 

To be honest, our superiority has been so ingrained that taking the piss out of you became passé. I wish we'd stuck with it because you've clearly allowed one extra draw accrued over a season to make you forget your true station in life as St Mirren's eternal bitches.

The 'superiority' in terms of budget stems largely from a relegation parachute payment, which will no longer be in place in the near future. A payment that you squandered on an absolute parade of dross and panic signings; only to still finish below a side assembled by Jim Duffy in a lower league for peanuts. Gutted for you.

1282014053.png

Edited by vikingTON

If superiority over Greenock Morton is/was a barometer of success, you're as well just liquidating now tbh.

It isn't, though - we've tasted actual success in recent years so have no real need to compare ourselves to you. (I will admit, however, that your continued failure to beat us head-to-head has provided a gloss to an otherwise gash season.)

It's Morton fans who have been obsessed with the (one point) 'gap' this season.

The 'superiority' in terms of budget stems largely from a relegation parachute payment, which will no longer be in place in the near future. A payment that you squandered on an absolute parade of dross and panic signings; only to still finish below a side assembled by Jim Duffy in a lower league for peanuts. Gutted for you.

1282014053.png

You have no need to be gutted for us. You concentrate on celebrating your 'superb' ( :lol:  ) fifth place.

Sorry to interrupt your chat here, but Jon Routledge has confirmed he won't be signing for us as he's moving to Wales, so it's safe to assume the PCA with Morton chat was nonsense.

Is he chucking football all together?

Last April they where in the second division ,Saints haven't been there for about forty years ,so they are better than us there.

Saints have never played in the third tier of Scottish football.

:)

So he is chucking football all together then.

Plenty of clubs down there who play in the English leagues. Newport County and Wrexham are a couple of examples I can think of. You also have the likes of Bristol close by.

I'd be surprised if he ended up in the Welsh league, from what I've seen the standard and attendances are well below our level.

You're right, we should have been aiming for back to back promotions after struggling to beat Brechin and Peterhead last year. Can't for life of me think why so many Morton fans are happy with a top half finish eh?

Give me points on the board any day. Fact is over 36 games Greenock Morton FC were undeniably better than St Mirren FC. I'm glad so many of you have turned up to furiously disagree. Get it right up you.

Edited by GiGi

You're right, we should have been aiming for back to back promotions after struggling to beat Brechin and Peterhead last year. Can't for life of me think why so many Morton fans are happy with a top half finish eh?

Give me points on the board any day. Fact is over 36 games Greenock Morton FC were undeniably better than St Mirren FC. I'm glad so many of you have turned up to furiously disagree. Get it right up you.

"NO".

F*ck me, you lot are going through an awful lot to prove how not upset you are.

I'd much rather finish above you throughout a whole season than beat you once. Even if we couldn't beat you we're still better. Bearing in mind we've just came up from League 1 and kept the majority of the players who lost 11 (eleven) league games last season against part-time teams I'd say it's a pretty good season for us and utterly f*cking embarrassing that you couldn't finish above us.

But if it makes you feel better you just keep saying 'aye but you never beat us' I don't really care tbh, we never beat Rangers, Falkirk or Raith either but they're not bumping their gums about it.

Not arrogant; just better.