The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I know Morton don't get to design their own kit but if the blue part was a bit slimmer you'd have a cracking version of the Ajax kits. 

I agree with that, but we'd still have the sponsor to deal with. Still, at least we're moving up in the world - last time I remember this part of Dougie's sweetie empire being on our kits, it was only Half Pounders.

Full quid now, a sign of the increasing influence money has on football.

Moving away from hoops for a season is also the club's regular marketing gimmick though: we did so at least twice in the 1990s and again in the 2006/07 season. I'm not quite seeing all the pitchfork waving fury about the new strip tbh, because it's a) not a big deal anyway and b) may look better when, y'know, actually viewed in person rather than in a two-bob photo-shoot for the Tele. Let's not forget that the black top in which we hounded the beggars on their own midden was panned by a majority of posters when it was released.

Moving away from hoops for a season is also the club's regular marketing gimmick though: we did so at least twice in the 1990s and again in the 2006/07 season. I'm not quite seeing all the pitchfork waving fury about the new strip tbh, because it's a) not a big deal anyway and b) may look better when, y'know, actually viewed in person rather than in a two-bob photo-shoot for the Tele. Let's not forget that the black top in which we hounded the beggars on their own midden was panned by a majority of posters when it was released.

Just for clarity, are we the 'beggars'?! How many times have we come to you with our buckets out looking for money?!

"Beggars"  :lol:  :1eye

Just for clarity, are we the 'beggars'?! How many times have we come to you with our buckets out looking for money?!

"Beggars" :lol::1eye

I think he means Celtic...

That Morton strip  :lol:

Been told by a friend who works in Smiths that the reason it is one single stripe rather than hoops is because there is no hooped design in the Nike team wear for 2016. 

nike-hooped-division-ii-jersey-4.jpg

:oops  :oops  :oops

"Beggars"  :lol:  :1eye

I don't recall us beating you at your own ground whilst wearing a black top, so the team being referred to was Celtic.

You are the midden or the skunks.

In normal terms there is really not a lot wrong with that strip. If St. Johnstone churned that out, no one would bat an eyelid.

In terms of it being a Morton kit though, christ. It's not even close to being good enough. Even the shade of blue doesn't look right.

Also, cheers for taking the unwanted honour of the worst sponsor in the league from us. Though I've not seen this seasons sponsor so I fully accept we may take that title back.

Edited by djchapsticks

Not read one positive thing about the new kit, it's a fucking riot. That and the yellow and blue effort from this season as our kits would make us the worst dressed football club ever. Scrap the collar, the sponsor, the badge and finally liquidate the club for this effort.

TTG JIM.

In normal terms there is really not a lot wrong with that strip. If St. Johnstone churned that out, no one would bat an eyelid.

In terms of it being a Morton kit though, christ. It's not even close to being good enough. Even the shade of blue doesn't look right.

Also, cheers for taking the unwanted honour of the worst sponsor in the league from us. Though I've not seen this seasons sponsor so I fully accept we may take that title back.

No chance of that.

I can actually understand why Dougie wants them on the strip as most know the Millions brand and i guess he wants to promote other parts of his sweetie empire,  but feck me its embarrassing.

Strange from Morton to change from blue and white hoops. Nice idea I suppose it's just that it looks horrendously cheap (the sponsor probably helps this). Always thought Adidas and Nike made fantastic kits and couldn't see Nike making something this cheap looking. Is it better or worse than the one in 1993-95?

I think he means Celtic...

I don't recall us beating you at your own ground whilst wearing a black top, so the team being referred to was Celtic.

You are the midden or the skunks.

In which case I shall respectfully wind my neck in!  :lol:

Strange from Morton to change from blue and white hoops. Nice idea I suppose it's just that it looks horrendously cheap (the sponsor probably helps this). Always thought Adidas and Nike made fantastic kits and couldn't see Nike making something this cheap looking. Is it better or worse than the one in 1993-95?

The Tartan top was cracking!