The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I don't mind not having hoops and don't mind the actual design but that is absolutely horrific and the cheapest looking thing I've ever seen.

I'm cautious not to slag Morton here as we've still to unveil our sponsor but I agree with the above.

The actual design isn't the worst but there's something horrificly cheap looking about it. I think the shorts and the sponsor do it.

Que Dumbarton having '50 Pencers' as our new sponsor.

I don't mind not having hoops and don't mind the actual design but that is absolutely horrific and the cheapest looking thing I've ever seen.

Have hoops always been a Morton thing or is it relatively (last 20/30 years) recent?

Hopefully this link works, on the phone. But aye, save for a few variations it's always been hoops.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Greenock_Morton/Greenock_Morton.htm

Cheers. Seems a bit odd to just move away from that for no apparent reason. I could understand it if it was a centenary kit or something but it isn't. It just doesn't look very...Mortony.