The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Someone who can get the basics right instead of shelling Hollywood passes everywhere would be a welcome addition to our current midfield, but he'd need to be decent at winning the back as well. Difficult to judge as he doesn't seem to have much experience at this level, but Lindsay wasn't exactly well-known this time last year either. A welcome and hopefully effective addition.

He's nowhere near as good as Lindsay

1 hour ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Someone that has a bit of pace and a bit of dig will do. 

He definitely has no pace. Not sure about the dig either, hes more of an on-the-ball, quarterback, type player. 

No more than a decent squad player, at this level, especially with the other midfielders Morton have - Harkins aside of course

Someone who can get the basics right instead of shelling Hollywood passes everywhere would be a welcome addition to our current midfield, but he'd need to be decent at winning the back as well. Difficult to judge as he doesn't seem to have much experience at this level, but Lindsay wasn't exactly well-known this time last year either. A welcome and hopefully effective addition.

Apart from the fact that Lindsay had already played a full season at Championship level in 2015/16.

I didn't claim that Lindsay had no match experience at this level prior to signing for us; I referred to Lindsay for the specific point that "Lindsay wasn't exactly well-known this time last year". Which in the case of Morton fans is factually correct; we weren't actually on tenterhooks regarding the progress of loanees playing at a nothing club like Dumbarton during 2015-16.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

1500666060362.jpg.a7902f0326b12bc7ea4e9bd316d2760f.jpg

8 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We've signed Connor McManus . Any good Queens fans?

Pass on that one. He didn't really get enough game time to form much of an opinion on him. If I recall correctly he made about 1 start and came off the bench 2 or 3 times.  I actually thought at the time it was a strange loan move which didn't really benefit the player or club. Others may have a different take on that though.

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Pass on that one. He didn't really get enough game time to form much of an opinion on him. If I recall correctly he made about 1 start and came off the bench 2 or 3 times.  I actually thought at the time it was a strange loan move which didn't really benefit the player or club. Others may have a different take on that though.

He was getting released from Celtic and we were offered the chance to have a look at him before the summer. Hard to see the down side for us to be honest.

I thought he played really well in that one start but we lost at home to Dumbarton and he was left out the next week and then recalled by Celtic to play in their final Development League game. I presume the manager didnt see enough in training to offer him anything for this season though. I guess he preffered to keep Tapping.

I didn't claim that Lindsay had no match experience at this level prior to signing for us; I referred to Lindsay for the specific point that "Lindsay wasn't exactly well-known this time last year". Which in the case of Morton fans is factually correct; we weren't actually on tenterhooks regarding the progress of loanees playing at a nothing club like Dumbarton during 2015-16.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

1500666060362.jpg.a7902f0326b12bc7ea4e9bd316d2760f.jpg

Sorry, I thought you were linking a lack of experience at Championship level to him not being "exactly well-known" to your goodself.

Just now, #Gary said:

Jack Iredale is playing in Dunoon game today, not listed as a trialist whilst others are. Assuming he has signed. 

Iredale played for us last week and was outstanding although it was Nairn in a friendly. Heard we are trying to get him on loan from yourselves.