The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Aye that was him. Looked good and played a fantastic ball for the goal

I thought that Jon Scullion when he was with us was probably the best footballer at the club. Came on and changed games and never disappointed but was always judged ultimately on his size and was released. Maybe Dougie will be more open minded.

19 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m fairly convinced one of the trialists you had was a boy called Liam McQuaid ? Left our youth team in the summer but seen a pic on Twitter that looked very alike to him 

20230708_181607.thumb.jpg.7201e132e8344d4636333e78097a852b.jpg

That him? Looks like him from what I can find from Google searches

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

5 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

20230708_181607.thumb.jpg.7201e132e8344d4636333e78097a852b.jpg

That him? Looks like him from what I can find from Google searches

Yeah that’s him I’m sure, no clue what he’s like as a player tbh. Never made an appearance for us 

tbf I didn't really notice him (McQuaid) much, but I don't think anyone really put a foot wrong all game. Playing against what was for the best part a Premiership-level side, for what is pretty much a youth player, that's fair praise 

can’t look too much into pre season but I thought we looked really organised against a pretty much full strength st mirren side. 

O’Connor adapted well at right back, but has to be starting centre back for me during the season. It’s his standout position.

Feared the worst when we made all the changes tbh but it the extra energy actually benefited us against a very average st mirren side.

Very impressed with Frankie Deane when he came on. Very composed on the ball and assist was outstanding.

As for the cult hero Brandon. Not much to do but anything he did have to do he dealt with well. He seemed to love the occasion though and was pointing towards the badge at full time when the cowshed was in full voice.

Edited by DaftTon74

12 hours ago, DaftTon74 said:

can’t look too much into pre season but I thought we looked really organised against a pretty much full strength st mirren side. 

O’Connor adapted well at right back, but has to be starting centre back for me during the season. It’s his standout position.

Feared the worst when we made all the changes tbh but it the extra energy actually benefited us against a very average st mirren side.

Very impressed with Frankie Deane when he came on. Very composed on the ball and assist was outstanding.

As for the cult hero Brandon. Not much to do but anything he did have to do he dealt with well. He seemed to love the occasion though and was pointing towards the badge at full time when the cowshed was in full voice.

It would be interesting to know how many who have seen Frankie Deane play would want him to get a contract. Seems from here and Twitter there are quite a few.

30 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

Bit pessimistic. If we're challenging for a play off spot we could easily get more for the Partick and Dundee Utd games, for example.

Perhaps, I'd love to see us getting more through the gates on a regular basis, but that crowd yesterday was bigger than our highest crowd last season. In fact, it was bigger than anything we've had since the 2017/2018 season.

37 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

3,300 odd if I heard correctly. Probably be our highest attendance of the season, sadly.

Thanks... hopefully not the case. 

Obviously only a friendly, but a good win nonetheless . Hopefully with that, a good run in the league cup could boost early league attendances.

https://www.gmfc.net/communities-cup-post-match-debrief/

Addresses the stream issues and refund (fair play), Renfrewshire/Communities Cup naming and presentation issue.

Think that's a pretty honest statement to be fair. Addressed in a reasonable timescale too.

It's been said before but the social media/club statements have improved alot since the takeover.

3 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

https://www.gmfc.net/communities-cup-post-match-debrief/

Addresses the stream issues and refund (fair play), Renfrewshire/Communities Cup naming and presentation issue.

Think that's a pretty honest statement to be fair. Addressed in a reasonable timescale too.

It's been said before but the social media/club statements have improved alot since the takeover.

I was just reading this on Twitter - there quite clearly needs to be some collective action between clubs to ensure Police Scotland f**k off away from things that don’t remotely concern them, and don’t continually attempt to play the “safety” card with no accountability for their ridiculous input. 

There was probably about 50 st mirren fans left by the time the players were going back in to the dressing room. There was absolutely no safety concerns for a trophy presentation on the pitch and there never would have been. 

We played the Renfrewshire cup final every year for god knows how long at a time when the rivalry was more intense and we managed trophy presentations just fine. 

100% agree that the clubs should (and probably did) voice themselves to Police Scotland but from a compliance point of view they have to go with the authorities assessment, albeit too wishy-washy.

It's very possible they voiced them too late though.