The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Felt that Morton brought a decent crowd with them on Saturday, and probably one of the more vocal supports we've had at New Central Park since we've been in the League. 

I'm guessing OWare left under a bit of a cloud? If that news did reach these parts it must have passed me by at the time. I assume it was a little more than a former player having a face you'd never tire of skelping? 

16 minutes ago, KH4 said:

Felt that Morton brought a decent crowd with them on Saturday, and probably one of the more vocal supports we've had at New Central Park since we've been in the League. 

I'm guessing OWare left under a bit of a cloud? If that news did reach these parts it must have passed me by at the time. I assume it was a little more than a former player having a face you'd never tire of skelping? 

He left on, as far as any of us were O'Ware (I'll see myself out), good terms for Partick. But when we first played Partick after it at Firhill, he gave the good ol' two fingers to our support; after a wee bit of banter.

Didn't go very well, it's safe to say.

Lyon was probably a harder exit- he stopped trying for Morton a while ago and just wanted out for a while.

As for the others it was more of that "former player getting ripped into", although a comment earlier in the thread suggests something happened with McCluskey that I'm oblivious to.

Edited by ClydeTon

1 hour ago, KH4 said:

He openly admitted in one of the red tops prior to the final game of the season in 2018 that he’d chucked it that season and wasn’t giving his all, which isn’t what you want to hear from one of your senior players.

And after hearing rumours of signing for the likes of Hearts, taking a sideways step (which turned out to be a backwards step with them going down) to Partick didn’t exactly endear himself to the fans when we met again.

I think it’s fair to say he wasn’t the most popular amongst fans, teammates and staff even when things were going well for him at Morton as he generally carried (and still carries) the demeanour of a complete arsehole, but I suppose that’s just my opinion and perception of how others see him. I could be, but very much doubt that I’m wrong.

I see from the weekend that he’s still in the habit of bawling at his teammates when things go tits up, rather than accepting that he too might be responsible now and again.

Decent performance tonight although against a poor team, thought Boyd done well on the wing looks a decent player

worried we only had 4 subs with Oakley out Baird looked to have received a sore one & McGrattan went down looking uncomfortable, couple of new faces needed before the league starts! 

Edited by Cowshed

Just now, Cowshed said:

Decent performance tonight although against a poor team, thought Boyd done well on the wing looks a decent player

worried we only had 4 subs with Oakley out Baird looked to have received a sore one & McGrattan went down looking uncomfortable, couple of new faces needed before the league starts! 

Agreed. Looked very comfortable until we went down to 10 men. Hope Baird injury isn’t too bad and was taken off as just a precaution. 

That being said we are desperately light in numbers and tonight highlighted the immediate need for a right back. O’Connor did fine again however with Baird injured we need him in the middle with broadfoot. 

If Baird's out it's a big problem for Saturday, with that leaving no defensive cover options (I count King for LB)

Darragh seemed uncomfortable towards the end but saw out the game. Didn't spot McGrattan hurting himself, seemed to be playing fine. Highlights our need for a cover RB/CB going forward, though.

Crawford (and, to a lesser extent, Blues) really controlled the midfield, the former was absolutely amazing. MOTM, imo. Third goal was a peach.

Agree with @TONTROOPER, Mullen's willingness to move with the ball to find someone is a positive, and an improvement over Schwake.

Onwards to County now. Aim for a draw, try for a win.

Baird seemed to be holding his hand/wrist/arm area so hopefully there's nothing broken there as we do not have the defensive cover to replace him. 

Although in saying that I do know one centre back who's on the lookout for a pro contract.... 

Just now, ClydeTon said:

If Baird's out it's a big problem for Saturday, with that leaving no defensive cover options (I count King for LB)

Darragh seemed uncomfortable towards the end but saw out the game. Didn't spot McGrattan hurting himself, seemed to be playing fine. Highlights our need for a cover RB/CB going forward, though.

Crawford (and, to a lesser extent, Blues) really controlled the midfield, the former was absolutely amazing. MOTM, imo. Third goal was a peach.

Agree with @TONTROOPER, Mullen's willingness to move with the ball to find someone is a positive, and an improvement over Schwake.

Onwards to County now. Aim for a draw, try for a win.

Went down at the half way for a few second stretching out his leg looking over to the bench hopefully it’s nothing serious but he didn’t look to comfortable after that he was talking to waters & pointing towards his leg my guess is something wasn’t feeling great 

Strolled that, very professional performance. Fair play to the Stranraer fans that came through. 

Notice Imrie didn’t clap the fans. Been letting Millen do media recenetly too? Hoping there’s nothing going on there

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Strolled that, very professional performance. Fair play to the Stranraer fans that came through. 

Notice Imrie didn’t clap the fans. Been letting Millen do media recenetly too? Hoping there’s nothing going on there

Pretty sure everyone was out the shed 5 seconds after the whistle, so didn't get the time he usually takes to come over.

Didn't do it at Kelty though, which is more interesting. Maybe just can't be arsed during the Group Stages, as he's still figuring out the squad? Hopefully, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Sadly from my view looked like he has broken his wrist.

Hope I am wrong but looked out of line with his arm.

If so will need an operation and might play with a cast after 6 weeks.

Left with ice on his shoulder so hopefully nothing to serious 

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I was thinking the same with Dougie not doing the last few post and pre match interviews. Hopefully just overthinking 🙈🤣

28 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Baird seemed to be holding his hand/wrist/arm area so hopefully there's nothing broken there as we do not have the defensive cover to replace him. 

Although in saying that I do know one centre back who's on the lookout for a pro contract.... 

I thought it was his face?