The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Morton sign someone called Jordan Davies on a pre-contract, a forward who’s scored 15 goals in 20-something Welsh Premier League games.

Obviously know nothing about him but, I think, Dougie’s first foray outside of Scotland for a signing so interesting to see what he’s like in time and if we can expect any further signings from outside Scotland in due course.

1 minute ago, Morton Supporter said:

Morton sign someone called Jordan Davies on a pre-contract, a forward who’s scored 15 goals in 20-something Welsh Premier League games.

Obviously know nothing about him but, I think, Dougie’s first foray outside of Scotland for a signing so interesting to see what he’s like in time and if we can expect any further signings from outside Scotland in due course.

Jack Bearne be like...

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Difficult to tell with that league given Declan McManus looks like Mbappe in it, but could be a decent pickup. Really emcouraging to get some business done that early, quite unlike us. 

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Difficult to tell with that league given Declan McManus looks like Mbappe in it, but could be a decent pickup. Really emcouraging to get some business done that early, quite unlike us. 

But, if as is widely agreed on the Morton Forum, one of Dougie’s top attributes is recruiting and improving previously overlooked players, why is this one being viewed any differently? I’m optimistic this will be another such case in point.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

But, if as is widely agreed on the Morton Forum, one of Dougie’s top attributes is recruiting and improving previously overlooked players, why is this one being viewed any differently? I’m optimistic this will be another such case in point.

Well he’s not really overlooked this boy, he’s like the 2nd best striker in the entire league setup? My point was it is difficult to read much into his scoring record as it relates to this level.

As long as we hold onto Muirhead, Oakley and Crawford we can afford gambles like this. Guy clearly knows where the net is so there's not much to lose by slotting him into a rotation of players that have been doing the business for the last couple seasons. 2 year deal shows a lot of faith at this level as well. All round not bad.

French is still clearly the weakest link in the team and an upgrade would be nice, but you also can't complain too much about a defence which has only conceded 5 in our last 10 games. When Baird's fit again I'd rather see O'Connor at right back than French but you can see the argument for continuity.

Good news if French is staying. I actually thought he had a good game against Partick last week.

Hes a quality player trying to gain match fitness after being out with injury.

I have a feeling he will become a very important player for us in the weeks and months ahead

French would've been difficult to replace if he left. He hasn't been that great so far, but there's hardly an abundance of good championship right backs looking for a game. Hopefully he gets back up to full fitness soon.

New guy looks interesting. Scoring goals for TNS or Connahs Quay doesn't seem that difficult, but he seems to have done quite well on loan at worse sides in that league too.

If I was offered keeping Strapp and Wilson as our only January business at the start of the window, I'd have taken it. If we find someone else to come in who's an upgrade to the starting XI then brilliant, but there's nothing urgently needing addressed now.

If we can get one of our many wide players out on loan to enable us to bring in another striker that would be ideal.

If that didn't happen then fine we still have options up front in what is now a very strong squad

14 hours ago, Colkitto said:

If we can get one of our many wide players out on loan to enable us to bring in another striker that would be ideal.

If that didn't happen then fine we still have options up front in what is now a very strong squad

We’ll take King back if you’re offering?

53 minutes ago, Replays said:

We’ll take King back if you’re offering?

You (collectively) wanted him punted back to The Famous just a month ago, back when your 'eight new signings in January' masterplan was about to kick in. 

So I'd rather have King tasked with a more important and worthwhile responsibility every Saturday. 

Spoiler

Dougal-flag.jpg.0b0bd82457af8565b28bb813259282e2.jpg

Spoiler

You can have Steven Boyd instead though. 

Edited by vikingTON