The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

5 hours ago, cornbeef said:

Tam is a fans favourite imo... and he's potentially alienating himself on the basis of a few fannies in the support. As Alibi suggests ...by supporting Morton we have mainly rejected any association with the OF and their sectarian baggage. Like all supports - we have our quota of roasters... no more or less than any other team in Scotland.

If you want to tar us all with the same brush Tam, carry on son - but you will be the eventual loser. I give you this advice because you are still one of my favourite players and will always support you when wearing the real hoops.

He was a fans favourite until he started this pish of coming onto twitter and giving it laldy. Obviously realised he made an arse of it and deleted the post but the damage was already done. 

He's undone a lot of the good work Duffy and the team have done over the past 2 years of building bridges with the fans.

He's acted like an absolute fanny in my opinion. He needs to grow up as well.

7 hours ago, Tonsilitis said:

For clarity on the Tam O'Ware issue.  Both he and the manager had shouts of "F****n B****rd" directed at them at Ayr from a person or persons in the Morton support.  That is why Tam was so upset and reacted and also why the chairman decided, rightly or wrongly, to speak out.  Nobody believes or expects that players are immune from criticism when they do not play well but sectarian abuse is not and never has been part of Greenock Morton and should not be tolerated.  For me, anyone masquerading as a Morton fan who indulges in that should be banned - they are not welcome at Cappielow.

If this was the case then why hasn't O'Ware or Rae mentioned it in their recent rants? 

Also I had to laugh when I heard Raes comment about fans amending their ways or not being welcome at Cappielow. Perhaps he should practice what he preaches? 

And I'd be delighted if you  passed this question into the chairman please.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

He was a fans favourite until he started this pish of coming onto twitter and giving it laldy. Obviously realised he made an arse of it and deleted the post but the damage was already done. 

He's undone a lot of the good work Duffy and the team have done over the past 2 years of building bridges with the fans.

He's acted like an absolute fanny in my opinion. He needs to grow up as well.

Think back to when you were 23 years old. If you were anything like me then there were hundreds of situations you got yourself into that people should tell you to rightly grow up. I'm almost 30 now and still should need to grow up far more times than i'd like to. If people held it against me every time i did something immature then i'd have no mates left and my family would have disowned me.

How long do you hold a grudge for? He made an arse of a situation after obviously feeling angry and annoyed and let out that anger in the wrong way. He has then came out and played absolutely brilliant for us and acknowledged the fans before and after the game. What more does he have to do?

If the biggest drama we have inside the club this season is a deleted tweet then i'll be delighted.

10 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Think back to when you were 23 years old. If you were anything like me then there were hundreds of situations you got yourself into that people should tell you to rightly grow up. I'm almost 30 now and still should need to grow up far more times than i'd like to. If people held it against me every time i did something immature then i'd have no mates left and my family would have disowned me.

How long do you hold a grudge for? He made an arse of a situation after obviously feeling angry and annoyed and let out that anger in the wrong way. He has then came out and played absolutely brilliant for us and acknowledged the fans before and after the game. What more does he have to do?

If the biggest drama we have inside the club this season is a deleted tweet then i'll be delighted.

I totally get what you're saying but he's chosen a career as a professional footballer and with that at times comes praise and stick. He has played enough football to be able to deal with it and rise above it rather than react to a small minority and alienating a lot of fans who had nothing to do with the initial incident. 

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

I totally get what you're saying but he's chosen a career as a professional footballer and with that at times comes praise and stick. He has played enough football to be able to deal with it and rise above it rather than react to a small minority and alienating a lot of fans who had nothing to do with the initial incident. 

I disagree it will alienate the fans. There have been players at clubs across the world including our own who have done things 10 times worse than what Tam did and won the fans back.

His performance last night and his acknowledgement of the crowd last night more than fits the punishment for the crime in my book. Time for everybody to move on. We've just won our first league game of the season and reached a semi final, if ever there is a time to let bygones be bygones and come together then it's surely right now.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

When was your last semi final lads?

Must be a while, i don't remember any.

1981 - Rangers in the Scottish Cup, but it was played at Parkhead.

Last Hampden semi final was Aberdeen in the League Cup in 1979.

Lost both games 2-1.

3 hours ago, LiviTon said:

O'Ware reacted to a few idiots amongst his own support. No one would take abuse on a personal level if you feel you have given all and have done so on many occasions. How he handles it is up to him. As one of the people who contribute to his wages all I want is 100% in every game and if he scores goals ,all the better. No badge kissers please as they don't exist any more and would only fool the guys on here berating him.

We should be celebrating but all some want to talk about is an employee of the club . Anyone who cares about who scored last night is not a real supporter but just angry at life in general I suspect.

Lets get behind the team- next time a guy boos and if you are beside him and think it is unreasonable or stupid, get 10 mates and start booing at him. See what happens. I know that seems farcical but this thread to outsiders reading it must be a good laugh.

This

I'd go further, support the team or dont come.

You want to rant and be angry do it in your house.

You want to imagine some fictitious relationship between yourself and a player, and then get upset when he scores. Seek help.

14 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

This

You want to imagine some fictitious relationship between yourself and a player, and then get upset when he scores. Seek help.

f**k up, Dougie.

1981 - Rangers in the Scottish Cup, but it was played at Parkhead.

Last Hampden semi final was Aberdeen in the League Cup in 1979.

Lost both games 2-1.

I wasn't even born. Must be the only club out of the top 22 to have gone so long without even a semi.

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

This

Lol.

Cheer up the lot of you. I hugged the same stranger three times last night

Impossible: surely, after the first hug, they were no longer a stranger. [emoji6]

As I would say to any team that has previously been pretty impotent, congratulations on the semi. It's a great achievement. Not that you'd know it, from the state of this thread.