The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

There's absolutely no denying Forbes' achievements thus far. An absolutely great player who possesses fantastic a technical ability, something that is often lacking in our game.

If he's not up for the divisional award at the end of the season it's an utter travesty, even if he has a quiet 2nd half of the season.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There's absolutely no denying Forbes' achievements thus far. An absolutely great player who possesses fantastic a technical ability, something that is often lacking in our game.

If he's not up for the divisional award at the end of the season it's an utter travesty, even if he has a quiet 2nd half of the season.

If a player in the English Premiership had the stats similar to Forbes this season the media would be creaming themselves over it down there. I don't think he's got enough recognition for it this season so far. Long may Forbinho's form continue. 

34 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Dobbie for Player of the Year.

I know he started off well, but has he not fallen away a bit now that defenders have worked out how to deal with him?  If it's a battle between players who are not the fastest, Forbes would win that one too.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Image result for laughing animated gif

Who we gonna be up against? The currently placed teams are Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Hamilton. We've already beaten the 3 of them at some point this season.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Bigmouth has been raging about us for ages. It's quite funny.

What do you expect? You lay down and took it up the hoop from Hamilton Academicals. It was an absolute embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What do you expect? You lay down and took it up the hoop from Hamilton Academicals. It was an absolute embarrassment.

Christ, imagine still being that seething this far on.

I'm just going to bask in this, since we're still living in the past:

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No one cares enough about fucking Dundee to lay down to anyone. Off you pop.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No, the absolute embarrassment was when your gormless fans took time out of their so-called 'title party' to print off the world's most amateurish looking T-shirt about it - doused in tears rather than champagne of course - and then paraded it around with your greasy, obese mess of a manager. 

Gutted for you. 

On 31/01/2017 at 17:06, SuperTon said:

I'm going to trust Duffy on this one. He's got a good record of turning average players in other teams into really good players for us.

See: Oliver, Gary.

Mmm, it's not a comparison entirely without foundation as he was far from an automatic pick with us last season, but he did finish the season in good form and was offered a decent contract to stay. We didn't want to lose him.

19 hours ago, Alibi said:

I know he started off well, but has he not fallen away a bit now that defenders have worked out how to deal with him?  If it's a battle between players who are not the fastest, Forbes would win that one too.

Er, no. He had a spell in October and November where he narrowly missed the target a lot or choked shots across goal which coincided with the team's general loss of form and him feeling he had to drag us back on his own. But he's playing very well again and still scoring regularly. He's the top scorer in the division and by miles our best player. Unless he dries up completely between now and the end of the season I'd be surprised and disappointed if he's not on the 4 man short list for Player of the Year. I appreciate he's been pretty quiet against Morton to date though.