The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Can’t see them splitting that stand. Isn’t there only one set of turnstiles at the far end? No way will they let both sets of fans mix especially on a day like that. Just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Think there is only 1 set of toilets too?

No chance the police will allow us to share the same stand.

Only one set of toilets and catering stall in the North Stand, so no chance of that being used by home fans. Will be for visiting Morton fans only. I would suggest as many of them as possible buy tickets - it’ll be a chance for them to see the Champions in action before we bugger off to get stuck into our relegation battle next season.

12 hours ago, Rajamaki's Ponytail said:

Has there still never been a sell out at the methadome?

It's an odd one - the only away supports big enough are the OF, but when they're in town, lots of home supporters opt to stay away, for understandable reasons.

I really thought we might be getting close with you and us at the right end of the table (ish) this season, but obviously not many Ton fans fancy seeing Guard of Honour Day on the 21st. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's an odd one - the only away supports big enough are the OF, but when they're in town, lots of home supporters opt to stay away, for understandable reasons.

I really thought we might be getting close with you and us at the right end of the table (ish) this season, but obviously not many Ton fans fancy seeing Guard of Honour Day on the 21st. 

If we get a home top flight opener v Steve Clarke’s resurgent Killie next season, that could get close.

15 hours ago, Rajamaki's Ponytail said:

Has there still never been a sell out at the methadome?

The first game at the stadium v Killie was a sellout but attendence was only given as 7500 (from an c8000 capacity). I'm not sure if comps and/or hospitality guests are included in the figures though as there were no spare seats that day.

Asking for a friend as he can’t find the info online, will the Morton ticket office be selling tickets for the St Mirren game tomorrow morning?

No mate, today was last day to prevent st mirren fans buying in away end apparently

28 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Asking for a friend as he can’t find the info online, will the Morton ticket office be selling tickets for the St Mirren game tomorrow morning?

Just to add, I have no idea if on sale in Paisley tomorrow

Another  dreadful end to the season.  Wish it was ending today but we unfortunately have 1 more game to go which could see us ending up in 7th spot. 

As the season of failure draws to a close, I'm reminded of reading a programme a few weeks back which Douglas Rae states he still wants to see Morton play in the top flight.

It's something we all want to see, but here we are one game away of possibly ending up in 7th place. That's the reality of where Morton is at the moment.

Now Dougie it's fair to say is in his twilight years. What are the chances of him seeing Morton play in the top flight?

If he really wants to see us progress to the top tier of Scottish football then he really has to face reality and make a big decision. Put major investment into the Club to achieve that aim or seek out new buyers who can progress the Club to a higher level. 

If Dougie wants to end his days as Morton chairman no matter what or where we are as a Club, then that's one hell of an ego trip he's on. And something that could sour his relationship with the fans. I for one, am grateful for what he did when he saved the Club.  But, don't ruin it all by holding the Club back just because you want to remain as chairman as long as you remain on this Earth.

If say the Easdales are truly interested in the Club and can take us forward, then you have to let go Mr Rae. It's not easy letting go of something you love, but sometimes you have to be brave and do just that.

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Remember his vision when we won the 2nd Division back in 2007 that Morton would be playing top flight football within five years?!

I think Dougie truly believed that at the time. His heart was in the right place back then, not so sure now. And I don't mean he doesn't love the Club, he most certainly does.  But he really needs to make a big decision. It's now the time for him to do that...