The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I have no idea if O’Ware is shite, average, or pure kwality. All I know is that signing Morton’s captain would be a glorious way for Joma Jack to start his summer signing spree. The icing on the cake would be if club photographer Allan Picken had him at Ralston for the official new signing photo, standing beside the big club crest, holding a St Mirren shirt and kissing the badge.

Oh there’s nothing better, than Jack Ross’ sweater, we’re top of the league, and you’re no’.

I didn't even think Shankland was that bad for us last season, compared to some of the other wasters stinking the place up. He was better than Ryan Hardie anyway, whose done alright this season, but as you say, he wasn't as fit as he should have been and his confidence was absolutely shot. 
To be honest, when he was at his best with us he was mobile and physical and could lead the line himself pretty well. He's a good player, I wouldn't be upset if we took another punt on him.

I don’t really remember watching Shankland playing against us last season.

This season he has been frankly ridiculous. He rarely seems to miss a chance, his link up play is a joy to watch and he holds it up well. Could go past players too. An extra yard of pace and he would have everything, based on this season.

If he stays with us I’m very confident he’ll score at least fifteen next season.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have no idea if O’Ware is shite, average, or pure kwality. All I know is that signing Morton’s captain would be a glorious way for Joma Jack to start his summer signing spree. The icing on the cake would be if club photographer Allan Picken had him at Ralston for the official new signing photo, standing beside the big club crest, holding a St Mirren shirt and kissing the badge.

Oh there’s nothing better, than Jack Ross’ sweater, we’re top of the league, and you’re no’.

The icing on the cake would be if Ross  got the Servco job and you got Duffy 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This season he has been frankly ridiculous. He rarely seems to miss a chance, his link up play is a joy to watch and he holds it up well. Could go past players too. An extra yard of pace and he would have everything, based on this season.

If he stays with us I’m very confident he’ll score at least fifteen next season.

I'm pretty sure he missed a penalty against you lot last season...

26 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

Wasn't exactly hiding that fact.

Just my opinion that O'Ware seems a bit overrated.

I wasn't saying you were, just pointing it out to the Morton fans who seemed to think you were one of them. Although in fairness to them a Saints fan also seemed to think you were a Morton fan for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

The icing on the cake would be if Ross  got the Servco job and you got Duffy 

IMHO Ross will get a good gig in England, if he does well with us in the top flight. Similar to Alex Neil at Accies getting the Norwich City gig. I don’t see Sevco going for him. Aberdeen, should McInnes move on? Yeah, could see Aberdeen moving for Ross.

Anyway. Time will tell.

I remember him missing a penalty against us last season. That’s about it.

Wasn’t impressed when we signed him but I’m happy to have been proved very wrong.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What's O'Ware got to do with signing Morton's captain?

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

Wasn't exactly hiding that fact.

Just my opinion that O'Ware seems a bit overrated.

“A bit overrated” is quite a climb down from “fucking rubbish”.

4 hours ago, monthelie' said:

Alex Rae ?

Yes, Arthurlie would get beat off 11 people from your local right now, that doesn't change the fact that O'Ware would struggle in the top division.

Big difference between that and "fucking rubbish" tho, eh?

I definitely think O’Ware could do a job in the bottom half of the SPL. And could still improve as a centre half, especially with better payers around him.

I would assume that is his thinking on not hanging about for a deal and making it known that he was definitely leaving Morton, regardless of who the manager is going to be.

obviously it’s a high risk strategy & clubs at that level maybe can’t take much of a risk on a guy who hasn’t played above the championship, but I’d hope to see him picking up a gig before pre season starts.

1 hour ago, Piehutt said:

I definitely think O’Ware could do a job in the bottom half of the SPL. And could still improve as a centre half, especially with better payers around him.

I would assume that is his thinking on not hanging about for a deal and making it known that he was definitely leaving Morton, regardless of who the manager is going to be.

obviously it’s a high risk strategy & clubs at that level maybe can’t take much of a risk on a guy who hasn’t played above the championship, but I’d hope to see him picking up a gig before pre season starts.

Similar to Fred Bachirou. Left the club as he thought he would find a bigger and better club. Came crawling back a few months later, tail between his legs, as no one else wanted to sign him!!

Similar to Fred Bachirou. Left the club as he thought he would find a bigger and better club. Came crawling back a few months later, tail between his legs, as no one else wanted to sign him!!

The difference being Tam will never play for a club like Malmo, never mind commanding the fee that Fred did. Our fans give that boy a lot of stick (for leaving a then sinking ship) but we were lucky to have such a talented player, one of the greatest to grace the turf at Cappielow.

If you don't agree with that then you've obviously been an admirer of David Robertson.