The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

F*ck me, you lot are going through an awful lot to prove how not upset you are.

I'd much rather finish above you throughout a whole season than beat you once. Even if we couldn't beat you we're still better. Bearing in mind we've just came up from League 1 and kept the majority of the players who lost 11 (eleven) league games last season against part-time teams I'd say it's a pretty good season for us and utterly f*cking embarrassing that you couldn't finish above us.

But if it makes you feel better you just keep saying 'aye but you never beat us' I don't really care tbh, we never beat Rangers, Falkirk or Raith either but they're not bumping their gums about it.

Not arrogant; just better.

FFS talk about easy fishing trips. We are well aware we've been rank rotten and you lot had a better season than us. But as we keep saying you still haven't beat us. I thought this is the kind of things people from rival teams say to wind each other up.

It's only a game stop getting yer knickers in a twist. We've got another 4 league games next season to go. You've ranted a fair bit to show you don't care. We all know deep down you do.

I'll bid you all farewell until next season. Looking forward to more friendly banter 😂

Edited by paisleysaints

You're right, we should have been aiming for back to back promotions after struggling to beat Brechin and Peterhead last year. Can't for life of me think why so many Morton fans are happy with a top half finish eh?

Give me points on the board any day. Fact is over 36 games Greenock Morton FC were undeniably better than St Mirren FC. I'm glad so many of you have turned up to furiously disagree. Get it right up you.

32 games.

Potato,Pitato ,we know what we mean , Could i be correct in saying that until this season ,The Soapies have not finish above Saints since season 97/98. You can see why they see 5th as a success :barf

Correct.

If I was a Morton fan, I would see it as a success too. To quote one of their fans on here, this has been a 'superb' season for them. I hope they enjoyed it, they deserve this triumph.

To be fair, any football fan in the west of Scotland who doesn't choose the Old Firm is deserving of everything that's coming to them. Whether they're from Greenock, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Ayr... The fans of these towns clubs are the good guys. They didn't choose the easy option and for that they deserve their dues.

Correct.

If I was a Morton fan, I would see it as a success too. To quote one of their fans on here, this has been a 'superb' season for them. I hope they enjoyed it, they deserve this triumph.

To be fair, any football fan in the west of Scotland who doesn't choose the Old Firm is deserving of everything that's coming to them. Whether they're from Greenock, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Ayr... The fans of these towns clubs are the good guys. They didn't choose the easy option and for that they deserve their dues.

I agree with you, but Hamilton, Motherwell, Killie, Ayr and your lot can still f**k off.

Plenty of clubs down there who play in the English leagues. Newport County and Wrexham are a couple of examples I can think of. You also have the likes of Bristol close by.

I'd be surprised if he ended up in the Welsh league, from what I've seen the standard and attendances are well below our level.

Part timer? Maybe he's picked up a god job outside the game down there?

Would Morton fans choose Rowan Alexander as a club legend? I think with his 310 league appearances and 98 league goals over 9 seasons would merit this. He started out at Queen of the South and scored 78 goals in all competitions over five seasons at Palmerston.

Edited by RUSTY1111

Would Morton fans choose Rowan Alexander as a club legend? I think with his 310 league appearances and 98 league goals over 9 seasons would merit this. He started out at Queen of the South and scored 78 goals in all competitions over five seasons at Palmerston.

He burned too many bridges with the club and the support when in charge at Gretna.

Super Ro was a great player for us and one of my favourite players growing up watching the ton. I'd class him in the club legend bracket but as Toby said he upset a lot of folk when he was gretna manager which didn't go down too well and I wouldn't argue if anyone said that took away from his reputation as a player