The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Great wee boost. If the rumours of him falling out with Imrie are true, it’s a positive the manager’s been able to put that to one side. 

He could still be off to Killie or wherever in January, but great to have him for a wee while.

Happy with that. Expect him to be hungry and giving it his all to get an extension or new club at the end of the STC.

Need at least a draw on Saturday to keep them in reach and continue their bad run.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Bo Bo

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

'Dougie's treatment of academy players'.

Former academy player jumps at the chance of the first opportunity to sign on again.

Sit doon.

download.jpeg.a65985ad8a274ac4f09315f7864cd961.jpeg

That’s not just a change of heart, that’s a complete character transformation. Well done Dougie, takes a big man to own up to his mistakes then do something about them. You have to recognise your problem before you can resolve it! To be fair, the board did ask him to review his policy on local academy players as it's a big part of the club's strategy. Fair to say he's responed well.

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

That’s not just a change of heart, that’s a complete character transformation. Well done Dougie, takes a big man to own up to his mistakes then do something about them. You have to recognise your problem before you can resolve it! To be fair, the board did ask him to review his policy on local academy players as it's a big part of the club's strategy. Fair to say he's responed well.

limmy-double-down.gif.4b4ccef5b624f70d65c58e4be3036ed5.gif

7 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Didn’t dare to hope this would happen… a brilliant signing, on many levels.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't give a flying fcuk about the past, or what conspiracy backroom 'Strapp vs. Imrie' theories abound, I just believe that Lewis is the perfect example of Morton acquiring the right player at the right time. The very fact that a Partick supporter above is already shiteing himself about long throws is worth the signing alone.

Welcome back laddie.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Fucking unbelievable. How to turn being a bellend into an art form. No disrespect intended, but you post as though abject stupidity was a virtue.

meter10.gif.e8d0e4c3c9cc2fa3ca100fea4011b330.gif

Edited by Chippyminton

3 hours ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

You got a source for this claim?

My source is from the board via MCT. As a MCT Member I'm encouraged to ask questions and I've been pleasantly surprised at how my concerns are treated seriously and address as such. On some occasions MCT have forwarded my concerns to the board and came back with their response. In this case (policy on academy players) they simply said that the board had similar concerns to myself and put them to the manager. I'm sure that anyone on here or the Morton forum would be more surprised if I didn't articulate my concerns through that avenue in the same way as I do on these forums, albiet in a much more diplomatic fashion. 

32 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

My source is from the board via MCT. As a MCT Member I'm encouraged to ask questions and I've been pleasantly surprised at how my concerns are treated seriously and address as such. On some occasions MCT have forwarded my concerns to the board and came back with their response. In this case (policy on academy players) they simply said that the board had similar concerns to myself and put them to the manager. I'm sure that anyone on here or the Morton forum would be more surprised if I didn't articulate my concerns through that avenue in the same way as I do on these forums, albiet in a much more diplomatic fashion. 

Fooling.

Absolutely.

Nobody.

IMG-20230304-WA0003.jpg.ce0f000049469591896652e4b11da08e.jpg

Points to consider.

Lewis (Strapp) booked 2 mins after introduction.,,,,no surprise really ...wanting to make an impact (and he did) will  have little time to get up to speed.,,,,but glad to see him back,

I am in two minds whether Dundee will want Tay;or French back at the window.

French has suffered at Cappielow what happened to him at Dens....so will Dundee want him back in Jan? I reckon we have him till the end of the season and halleluljah to that.

On 08/12/2023 at 13:17, TheGoon said:

Great wee boost. If the rumours of him falling out with Imrie are true, it’s a positive the manager’s been able to put that to one side. 

He could still be off to Killie or wherever in January, but great to have him for a wee while.

It wasn't a rumour TheGoon, it was a newspaper article by Lewis Strapp.

I see you've got a free get out of jail card now, what with McIntyre's appointment at Arbroath and Queen's Park throwing the towl in to the ring against us yesterday, they just gave up. That's not a team that looks like it can fight its way out of trouble.

3 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Lewis Strapp revealed that Dougie told him several months before he was released, that he had no future at Cappielow as long as Imrie was manager. He said he asked for a reason and wasn't given one.

Right, so the article didn't say he had a "falling out" with Imrie, but did said that Imrie decided he had no future.

Tripping up over your own shite now.

18 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Lewis Strapp revealed that Dougie told him several months before he was released, that he had no future at Cappielow as long as Imrie was manager. He said he asked for a reason and wasn't given one.

Just stop with this nonsense, for f**k’s sake.

Strapp - and his agent, lolz - were looking for a salary beyond our reach, to which Imrie responded, correctly, ‘well it won’t be here’.

Happens at every club in the country, every year, no drama.

And has it occurred to you that Imrie - not Strapp or his agent, lolz - has been proven 100% correct, because six months down the line no other club has been prepared to pay Strapp what he wants?

Let it go, for all our sakes. He’s a Morton player again.

27 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You have added the 'as long as Imrie is manager' bit in a (failed) attempt to make an irrelevant quote relevant to the point raised.

So there's no interview that shows there was any fallout whatsoever.

An out of contract player, was told he wasn't getting an offer, his contract wasn't being renewed, it was time to explore other options, his future lay elsewhere, he has no future here. 

Pretty simple stuff. Exact same conversation, hundreds of players have every year.

I'll ask again. Why do you continue to try to dress that conversation up as something sinister rather than an absolutely normal exchange?