The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Yes, to be fair perhaps not quite reaching that threshold, but it looks like a two footed tackle on the video. Seen a lot of red cards given for similar although it was hardly in the top ten horrendous tackles shortlist. Definite penalty for me, as was Falkirk’s.

I've watched this back umpteen times now and can't 100% say that Donaldson gets the ball, but it does look to me that he plays the ball through the players legs, particularly as the ball changes direction.

It's definitely not a two footed tackle.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

Yes, to be fair perhaps not quite reaching that threshold, but it looks like a two footed tackle on the video. Seen a lot of red cards given for similar although it was hardly in the top ten horrendous tackles shortlist. Definite penalty for me, as was Falkirk’s.

I was standing right behind the Donaldson tackle and he never made any contact with garrity at all. Garrity lost his footing and fell over. Fortunately the ref was only a few feet away from the incident which you can't see at all clearly on any TV picture for Falkirk or Morton TV. I can assure you it was never a pen never mind it being a two footed tackle as some seem to be making out which is frankly ludicrous. I'd be happy to say we got away with one if that was the case but not in this instance.

This aggressive gaslighting from Falkirk fans rumbling into midweek is certainly unusual. 

I think our big bad team of last season would’ve stood up to the comeback better than we did on Saturday. But I also think they would likely have lost their discipline with the referee. It’s good to see that our current team (and Imrie) kept their shit together in the face of it. Our disciplinary record last year was really unhelpful, hopefully Saturday was a sign we’re going to see less yellows and reds for dissent and petulance, but we do need to toughen up in other ways.

22 minutes ago, Chicken Soup said:

This aggressive gaslighting from Falkirk fans rumbling into midweek is certainly unusual. 

I think our big bad team of last season would’ve stood up to the comeback better than we did on Saturday. But I also think they would likely have lost their discipline with the referee. It’s good to see that our current team (and Imrie) kept their shit together in the face of it. Our disciplinary record last year was really unhelpful, hopefully Saturday was a sign we’re going to see less yellows and reds for dissent and petulance, but we do need to toughen up in other ways.

Every cloud 😆 ...

20 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think the reality of JET, Reynolds and Davies all being varying degrees of terrible makes the decision to sign McGinn worse, not better. Yeah, maybe the thought process is that he'll be a better foil for a centre forward than Garrity and that might prove to be the case, but we now have a squad of 21 with no competent centre forwards and only two full backs, but nine 'anywhere behind a striker' types. We can't just keep adding more attacking players in the hope we'll start winning games through having incremental improvements on the wing or in attacking midfield when everyone playing there is being hamstrung by not having a credible centre forward to play off - it's no use adding a better foil for a centre forward when you don't have one worthy of the title.

I'm assuming the signing of McGinn means that at least one player will be going in the other direction; whether or not that happens, though, McGinn's still going to make more of a contribution than Reynolds... because Reynolds is literally worse than a man down.

We've no way of knowing from the outside if Imrie's in control of this (i.e. he's signed McGinn knowing there's more movement to come)... or has painted himself into a corner. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Imrie is only in control of the good stuff. The crappy bits are all down to players’ mistakes, them not following the gaffer’s instructions, poor refereeing, bad luck etc. 

We have known for months that Oakley was away. The only progress we have made in that direction is to sign a 34 year old who might just about  to get a game in a dad’s walking football team.

Laird and Imrie need to fall on their swords without compensation when it all turns to even greater shit.

6 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Imrie is only in control of the good stuff. The crappy bits are all down to players’ mistakes, them not following the gaffer’s instructions, poor refereeing, bad luck etc. 

We have known for months that Oakley was away. The only progress we have made in that direction is to sign a 34 year old who might just about  to get a game in a dad’s walking football team.

Laird and Imrie need to fall on their swords without compensation when it all turns to even greater shit.

You're an arsehole.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

You're an arsehole.

Yep, that’s why I recognise bull shit excuses when I see them. 

if you think it’s acceptable to have no competent central striker on the books at this stage of the season you are a complete f##kwit. But then that’s also pretty obvious from the David Gilmour crap.

Can we not do something about these pre-match interviews?  They're getting so repetitive and boring.

The same questions are asked and not only that, the same answers are given no matter who we are playing! 

Tough game tomorrow, training was good this week, if we play like we can play we'll get a result....

I'm pre-empting  the questions AND answers now. Feels like Dougie detests these interviews and I get he likes to keep his cards close to his chest, but we now go through the same 3 minute routines every week.   

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Can we not do something about these pre-match interviews?  They're getting so repetitive and boring.

The same questions are asked and not only that, the same answers are given no matter who we are playing! 

Tough game tomorrow, training was good this week, if we play like we can play we'll get a result....

I'm pre-empting  the questions AND answers now. Feels like Dougie detests these interviews and I get he likes to keep his cards close to his chest, but we now go through the same 3 minute routines every week.   

Judging by the miserable faces on the mob trudging into the dressing room at Cowdenbeath I suspect Dougie’s interview was played on an endless loop on the coach up.

Edited by Branch Ton
Typo

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Judging by the miserable faces on the mob trudging into the dressing room at Cowdenbeath I suspect Dougie’s interview was played on an endless loop on the coach up.

Nah, I think they've just been reading your past posts on here.......

5 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Nah, I think they've just been reading your past posts on here.......

Primary school patter at best. 

You could at least have ventured a thought as to why they all looked so downbeat,  particularly in view of the current shit show.

26 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Primary school patter at best. 

You could at least have ventured a thought as to why they all looked so downbeat,  particularly in view of the current shit show.

You being an arsehole is a valid reason.

Any gloating Falkirk roasters still here?

Or are you all blootering yourselves into the Firth, wankered on a pint and a half of pish-weak East-Coast 'beer'?

Not so cocky now, are you, wee laddies?

Edited by Chippyminton