Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There,s no way Hibs could have held on to Allan and faced their league rivals 4 times .The hype would be too much and thats before the January transfer window..Well played Hibs . I doubt the bids from Ibrox were serious and they were only meant to disrupt , but , the outcome is F4ckin hilarious . :lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=286380&st=0

Scott Allan is offending war vets now, somehow. :lol:

Guys. I hope this is I the right forum.. If not, I apologise.

Im 42, 43 in November.

Since I was a child, I've supported Rangers, courtesy more if my grandfather than my dad( great guy, just no a football fan)

My grandfather tought me about the great players of his time.. Legends of the club.

I used to ask him about bobby shearer v Gough( my era) he used to say would love to see them together.

My grandfather passed away in 1997,when I was 25...He was 79. He loved me with all his heart, and if, if I was talented enough to play football, at the top level, and I told him I was signing for Celtic, it would have destroyed this proud man.

My grandfather flew with the RAF during world war 2, he was a navigator. To this day, I miss him, and actually glad he doesn't see the so called rangers fans footballers of today he flew over Germany every night for 4 years, to give them the choice to sign for the club he hated.

Not sure if anyone will believe me, but I predicted this as soon as Rangers had their first bid rejected. I said he would end up joining Celtic.

The whole thing stank of when Scott Brown signed for Celtic after being heavily linked with Rangers. The fans singing 'we're going to sign Scott Brown/Scott Allan,' putting in derisory and quite frankly arrogant bids, and all of this fuelled by the fact both of them supported Rangers.

As for the 4 parties affected by this?

1. Celtic have signed a very good player who is still young and if going by projection, should be able to play for them for a very long time, You might see the likes of Van Dijks, Matthews etc wanting to have a go at England, but Scott Allan has been there and done it, reportedly keen on not going back, so little or no danger of him moving on.

2. Scott Allan will be able to play in major European ties, be in an already talented squad, play better teams domestically weekly and have better players around him than in previously with Hibs. All of which at the moment Rangers would not have been able to offer (apart from the last one arguably).

3. Hibs. Money and the 2 lads they signed. McGeough probably needed that move after the bad injury and hopefully for his sake progresses, Henderson I hear was pretty highly regarded. Seems like a good deal for them.

4. Rangers, for the first time for a long while are actually trying to play attractive football, theres a good buzz around Ibrox at the moment and its for the first time in a long while since Paul Le Guen, into the unknown managerially. Warburton seems to be getting them playing well, but although other Rangers fans are getting too carried away, i'll wait and see where we are in Jan-Feb time. Still think we're at least 4-5 players off a good playing SQUAD, and admittedly Allan would have been ideal to fill one of those spaces. Hopefully the fans move on, don't make a thing of it and keep the buzz there.

So in summary, I'd say If i was in Scott Allan's shoes, I would see that as a good move professionally despite putting his boyhood hero move to Rangers to the side.

One thing that did make me wonder is the fact that When Celtic signed GMS and Stuart Armstrong before the cup games, it was a magnificent piece of business, Rangers Allan bids though....

I'd say there's no losers. I have no doubt that this is one version of what Rangers were wanting from this. Clearly not the supporters though. I've got a feeling Rangers didn't give a f**k where Allan was, so long as it wasn't against them.

I'd say there's no losers. I have no doubt that this is one version of what Rangers were wanting from this. Clearly not the supporters though. I've got a feeling Rangers didn't give a f**k where Allan was, so long as it wasn't against them.

Could even be a scheme cooked up by Celtic and Rangers to raise the emotions of their fans and sell more tickets and merchandise? It's always been a game of creating hatred between fans to improve business with Celtic and Glaswegian clubs calling themselves Rangers.

The words "seething" "raging" etc get thrown around far, far too much on here, but the rage of the Sevco loyal is unprecedented :lol:

Chump change for Celtic but imo he's nowhere near good enough for the level they should be aspiring too

Good move for Henderson. As said a very promising young player. A season where he plays 30-40 games for Hibs will be more beneficial to his development than u20 football with Celtic and the odd first team appearance. I feel he could go on to be a far better player than Allen down the line but he is still only 19.

Allan is 24 by the end of the year so I'm not sure how much he can improve his game? A good player but will he make the first XI barring injuries, suspensions or even more senior players being transferred away from CP?

Archived