Confirmed transfer 2015/16

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. 12 million. What a signing.

Is it really though?

I'd agree 12 million is a good price, but he's hardly way out of Stokes league as far as I'm concerned.

Still only 23, and 12 mil isn't that much when you consider the likes of Jordan Rhodes had a bid of about 14 mil.

Rhodes also has four full seasons at the level he's being rumoured for transferring within, scoring a fuckload of goals in the process. Shaqiri is a spectacular physical talent with virtually no brain to complement it. He'll fit into English football quite well, probably.

Still only 23, and 12 mil isn't that much when you consider the likes of Jordan Rhodes had a bid of about 14 mil.

Rhodes' goals for a team like Boro or any at the top of the Championship could be the difference between winning the league and not going up. A £14 million gamble for the £100+ million that comes with promotion is a decent gamble IMO.

David Nugent joins Boro. Pretty pleased with this signing TBH. The guy is a proven goalscorer at this level, and a proven goalscorer is exactly what Boro have been missing. Not so keen on him the Premier League but if he gets us out of this division he'll have done more than enough :thumsup2

Augsburg just announced that Abdul Baba Rahman has signed for Chelsea.

Disappointed that Augsburg have lost him, but £20 million is an astronomical amount of money for the club. He's a class act, typical modern full back who loves to get up the pitch and support attacks. I think he'll do very well at Chelsea, who've never really replaced Ashley Cole.

Disappointed that Augsburg have lost him, but £20 million is an astronomical amount of money for the club. He's a class act, typical modern full back who loves to get up the pitch and support attacks. I think he'll do very well at Chelsea, who've never really replaced Ashley Cole.

TBF Azpilicueta has been absolutely brilliant since he arrived, despite playing out of position. I hope they've move him to right back and ditch Ivanovic who's actually a bit of a big haddy.

Or, as it's Mourinho, Baba will be back up to Azpilicueta at left back and fill Filipe Luis' bench position.

Archived