Confirmed transfer 2015/16

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33776167

Veteran striker Bobby Zamora says he turned down an offer from a club that will play in the Champions League this season in order to return to Brighton.

Zamora scored 83 goals in four prolific seasons for the Seagulls before leaving for Tottenham in 2003.

"I had an offer from a Champions League team, and a team who win their league pretty much every year, so it was hard," the 34-year-old told BBC Sussex.

Celtic????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33776167

Veteran striker Bobby Zamora says he turned down an offer from a club that will play in the Champions League this season in order to return to Brighton.

Zamora scored 83 goals in four prolific seasons for the Seagulls before leaving for Tottenham in 2003.

"I had an offer from a Champions League team, and a team who win their league pretty much every year, so it was hard," the 34-year-old told BBC Sussex.

Celtic????

I hope not.

Bournemouth have signed Lee Tomlin from Middlesbrough on a three year deal.

Good player on his day but wasn't anywhere near consistent enough and with Downing and (hopefully) Stuani coming in, he wouldn't have been getting much game time. Still think £3mil is a bit low considering the premium on English players.

M'Vila should be a superb signing, but they still need another decent striker alongside Defoe to avoid doing a Sunderland again next year. At risk of stating the blindingly obvious, neither Steven Fletcher nor Danny Graham is the answer.

M'Vila should be a superb signing, but they still need another decent striker alongside Defoe to avoid doing a Sunderland again next year. At risk of stating the blindingly obvious, neither Steven Fletcher nor Danny Graham is the answer.

I remember them being linked with Moussa Sow & Jordan Rhodes last week but I don't think anything will happen with those. Not heard anything this week though other than a loan deal for Januzaj.

I'd say Middlesbrough is a more likely destination for Rhodes if he moves. Sow would be a great buy, they'd have to chuck a fair bit of money Fenerbahce's way but surely worth it to avoid having to shithouse their way to 16th/17th place again.

Getting rid of Connor Wickham was a good bit of business, so the money is there. The ball is now in wee Dick's court...

I'm going to have to disagree with the hype surrounding the M'Vila singing. He's gone from top prospect to world class bottler in a few years. He got his loan terminated by Inter Milan, was chased out of Rubin Kazan and even the Rennes fans were booing him towards the end due to bad attitude / performance.

Sure he could go a Hatem Ben Afra and be good for a while before capitulating but it's a QPR esque signing of reputation over character or ability.

Hopefully Di Maria can find the form of his last season at Madrid. He was utterly phenomenal that year.

A prime example of a player only needing a couple of setbacks for his head to go down. He looked brilliant in his first couple of months at United then the injury, coupled with the burglary just completely soured his enthusiasm.

De Brunye always looked like a top, top prospect, but every manager has more than just that to consider. Jose's failure to me wasn't selling him, it was not being able to change Kevin's apparent attitude.

Chelsea have done alright without him tbf.

Archived