• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTFY.

This is the first time I've used this particular P&B riposte and I have to say I feel a little dirty.

Apologies sir (but you're scrambled egg technique is still a disgrace).

A polite poster with a conscience. 'Mon, pandy. Embrace your inner Bear. You ken you're really one of us ;)

If you are cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave, you are a trumpet.

Then fucking stop.

If you're roasting beef, lamp or pork then use a thermometer and always take the meat out of the oven before it gets to recommended temperature.

If you know your microwave and use my butter method the scrambled eggs turn out as glossy as pan cooked.

This is the first time I've used this particular P&B riposte and I have to say I feel a little dirty.

Apologies sir (but YOUR scrambled egg technique is still a disgrace).

No worries. We are now quits.

Think I will try that! I do mine oven baked in foil parcels with a little butter, sugar and marmalade for a wee bit of zest :)

You should try it, it's a no hassle technique. Your way is obviously better though. Just a tip :blink:

Boil your carrots in lemonade or fizzy orange to give you a nice zesty flavour.

Fry gammon steaks in Dr Pepper.

Balance this out by mashing your potatoes with a spoonful of Colgate.

When boiling an egg, shake the egg vigorously before putting it in the water, this will ensure the yolk settles perfecty in the middle of the egg.

When making chilli fry smoked bacon pieces in your oil before adding or cooking anything else. This will flavour the oil and leave a beautiful smokey flavour through your chilli at the end. It's up to you if you leave the pieces in or not. I do.

Also Prosciutto is a very under appreciated meat. Always use it on my roast chicken etc. It also makes the most unbelievable cheese and ham toasties with a creamy Edam cheese and some fresh cranberries on some thick, hand cut farmhouse bread. Try it and thank me later!

ETA broccoli in stir fry or most tomato based curries is superb! Just don't boil it like my wife did then Mix it in!!

Quite rude.

Sometimes when time is of the essence then microwaved scrambled eggs are perfectly fine.

Correct. Too many people get anal about microwave cooking. Used properly a microwave can be a useful addition to the kitchen

I love my microwave, but I've yet to ever make decent scrambled egg in it. Goes all lumpy.

Little bit of milk and then only cook for 30 seconds at a time stirring after every 30 seconds (a pinch of sea salt is good and some grated mature cheddar is even better). When it is nearly ready take the intervals down to 10 seconds. Microwaved scrambled egg is fine if not overcooked.

When making roast potatoes, mash up some garlic, rosemary and thyme in your pestle and mortar, then add olive oil and coat your par-boiled potatoes with this before roasting them. Seriously, do this. They taste amazing.

Archived