Parking fines

When the folk park up, go out looking official - maybe get a logo'd shirt from the nursing home and a clip board. Ask them who they have come to visit. Scan you clipboard and say "ah, sorry, they died, you might as well just go home". 

Also worth a try.

Whenever I have to knock on the nursing home door and ask them to get one of the cars shifted, they always say they have no idea whose it is. How hard can it be to have a visitors' book where you put your car reg? Sometimes they even claim it isn't anyone of theirs when they are literally across the road from us and there aren't any other houses on our part of the road.

4 hours ago, nsr said:

Also worth a try.

Whenever I have to knock on the nursing home door and ask them to get one of the cars shifted, they always say they have no idea whose it is. How hard can it be to have a visitors' book where you put your car reg? Sometimes they even claim it isn't anyone of theirs when they are literally across the road from us and there aren't any other houses on our part of the road.

Get your own back by throwing fireworks into the grounds.

Is there any way I can get the road outside my house designated a pay-and-display parking space so that the cretins visiting the old folks' home across the road have to pay me for the privilege?
Expanding foam up their exhaust pipes (no euph)

• 10 months later...

Just got a letter from Smart Parking for supposedly using their Strothers Lane car park in Inverness on March 7th for 15 minutes, demanding £60 going up to £110. Sounds unlikely as too short and no memory of it but possibly my sister, picture isn't clear. Assume nothing's changed and the advice is still to bin?

Just got a letter from Smart Parking for supposedly using their Strothers Lane car park in Inverness on March 7th for 15 minutes, demanding £60 going up to £110. Sounds unlikely as too short and no memory of it but possibly my sister, picture isn't clear. Assume nothing's changed and the advice is still to bin?
Yep, bin and ignore.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are they still building a new prison in Inverness to replace Porterfield?

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Are they still building a new prison in Inverness to replace Porterfield?

Scottish Government putting it on the back burner until they replace Barlinnie and do something about women's prisons. The location, designs and I think planning permission are all in place but it sounds like years away, 5 plus.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/new-inverness-prison-postponed-indefinitely-191613/

So they won't have room for me if I don't pay the fine.:)

Edited by welshbairn

On 28/03/2020 at 09:44, welshbairn said:

Found out it was my sister whom I've warned repeatedly that it was the worst rip off scam car park in Inverness and never to use it, folk get fined for putting O instead of 0 or 1 instead of I for their number plate, or driving round, not finding anywhere to park and leaving again, or just pulling off the road to drop someone off for the Railway Station. Silly cow thought she'd be ok not paying as she'd only be a few minutes. Tempted just to send her the bill but will probably ignore it and rely on this advice from CAB, because they're thieving scum.

image.png.c93091dda4a3f193ebd281c8902f7e1b.png

Edited by welshbairn

Not a parking ticket but i got a speeding fine for a car i got rid of 18 months ago,even though i have the slip from the DVLA confirming i am not the owner of the car.

There should be a section on the notice of intended prosecution for you to fill in the ‘i am not the current keeper’ part and reply back with the details of who you sold it to.

• 8 months later...
On 12/12/2018 at 15:11, Boghead ranter said:

We picked up one of these after parking in the Doctors surgery car park just round the corner from Megazone in Falkirk, which had previously been a free hit, but is now run by private company.

Based on stories on here (and I checked the Citizens Advice website too) I have been dutifully ignoring all letters.  We have now moved on to a letter from QDR Solicitors, strongly worded that if we don't pay it 'may result in us recommending that it gets passed to another bunch of solicitors, which may mean they will look to obtain a decree", and quoting Indigo Parking v Watson, Lindsay and Meachan from Sept 17.

Mrs R starting to get a bit antsy about it now (as the car is in her name).

Has anyone else got this far, if so, how much more threatening do the letters get?

More to the point, has anyone ever been taken to court about this yet?

EDIT - when even the Citizens Advice website is worded in a way that implies "just ignore it", you kinda know what to do.

Looking for an update on this BR, someone I know, genuinely not me btw, received an identical letter.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

That Indigo Parking case is quite interesting: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/ninewells-nurses-ordered-pay-4000-parking-fines/

I believe the only cases that went to court previously are ones where the driver took the piss and parked hundreds of times and never bought a ticket, whereas in this case, one woman only parked 8 times. 

Still reckon that you're safe to bin the odd parking ticket, but I'd be wary about repeatedly parking in the same place. 

The letters have dried up. So long since we last got one that I can't even say when that was.  I'd forgotten all about it until now.
Continue to ignore!

Monkwoman got this last week, she’s panicking but been told several times to ignore it.

IMG_7244.jpg