Parking fines

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Reading through this forum and didn't see that anyone actually received a court citation - which I have today for the grand total of £160 (plus 8% annual interest from Oct 2021). 

Any advice welcome!

Is it actually something from a court? Scrub the personal details and post it on http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 (probably mention Scotland in the title).

11 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Reading through this forum and didn't see that anyone actually received a court citation - which I have today for the grand total of £160 (plus 8% annual interest from Oct 2021). 

Any advice welcome!

Depends. What were the circumstances?

20 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Any advice welcome!

What court?

21 hours ago, Euan2711 said:

Hi all,

Any advice welcome!

Windows open.  Heating full up.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The big one, the  highest court in the land. The letter will have a big crest with a crown and scales probably.

You can't  ignore that kind of letter.

25 to life for overstaying at Aldi.

Hopes and prayers.

It's a Simple Procedure Notice of Claim.

In answer to "If your claim is successful, what do you want from the respondent?" they respond...

"I want the court to order the respondent to pay me the sum of £160.00. I want the court to order the respondent to pay me interest on that sum at the rate of 8% annually from the last date for service together with the expenses of the claim."

No recollection of parking there (it was Oct 2021).

Going to ask them to send me what they have by submitting a subject access request then decide next action. 

Edited by Euan2711

Yes 8% is the judicial interest rate.

The expenses thing is more complex,
If you DO NOT defend it you pay a set amount of expenses (roughly £150)
If you DO defend it because you have a proper defence and proceed in good faith the expenses are capped ( nil in the case if under £300 cases).
If you DO defend it, lose the case and the court is persuaded that you're an absolute walloper who has wasted the courts time by defending it in bad faith you could be made liable for the full expenses..... £1K to £3K of expenses.