Parking fines

On 13/01/2024 at 20:18, scottsdad said:

In Maddiston a few weeks back, I saw a car with a clamp on it. The clamp had DVLA stamped on it.

I didn't think this was allowed in Scotland.

Seen two vehicles in streets near where I live having fallen foul of this recently, looks like they might go checking up on addresses where vehicles tax have expired or been SORNED.

3 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Received a letter from Parking eye as the the Mrs stayed over the 10 minutes over the allowed time in a car park few weeks back. She informs me she may also have done this again this week as she didn't realise there was limits in parking there. 

Car in my name so letter comes to me. Haven't had one of these for a few years, I take it the advice is still bin and don't contact these fuckers in relation to this one or the one that is likely  to come for this week's parking as well. 

Yes. Ignore. I had three separate parking fines from parking eye all from the same car park. I got numerous letters with threats for a few months then it stopped.

there is no debt collecting agency knocking on your door unless you have 500ukp in parking fines.

written by a debt collector for the council, then private companies in Glasgow, Perth & Dundee. me.

eta greater glasgow, legal & trade (now a new name) used to sent the boys out to collect empty crisp pokes, utter scum of a company.

@perthshire is where the big money is

Edited by SlipperyP

7 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Yes. Ignore. I had three separate parking fines from parking eye all from the same car park. I got numerous letters with threats for a few months then it stopped.

i got a letter in recently urging me to pay a parking fine from nearly 5 years ago 😂

On 23/02/2024 at 20:43, dundeefc1783 said:

Received a letter from Parking eye as the the Mrs stayed over the 10 minutes over the allowed time in a car park few weeks back. She informs me she may also have done this again this week as she didn't realise there was limits in parking there. 

Car in my name so letter comes to me. Haven't had one of these for a few years, I take it the advice is still bin and don't contact these fuckers in relation to this one or the one that is likely  to come for this week's parking as well. 

Dob her in.

In a completely hypothetical situation...

If I got a letter from the small claims court in a Scottish city about a private parking ticket (not council) I never received any notice of... 

Am I better to pay this, or appeal? I have a route I want to go down saying something was obscuring the sign at the time, it was obscuring 1 sign, but not the others and I was a patron of one of the local establishments at the time.

I took photos yesterday to back up my claim that there was building works at the time.

Thoughts?

Edited by johnnydun

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

In a completely hypothetical situation...

If I got a letter from the small claims court in a Scottish city about a private parking ticket (not council) I never received any notice of... 

Am I better to pay this, or appeal? I have a route I want to go down saying something was obscuring the sign at the time, it was obscuring 1 sign, but not the others and I was a patron of one of the local establishments at the time.

I took photos yesterday to back up my claim that there was building works at the time.

Thoughts?

Is the letter actually from the court or is it just a baseless threat to take you to court?

Edited by lichtgilphead

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Has the court actually made a judgement (because you didn't turn up for a previously arranged hearing) or is it an invitation to a hearing to put your case?

It's basically an invitation to put forward my case. It has empty boxes on the document for me to fill and return. However if I appeal and lose, I am liable for their court fees. Don't want to pay these c***s the fine either.

How can it be an appeal if you've not lost a case yet?

I've not done civil law advice in years, but this talk of appeals doesn't sound right. Pop into the Sheriff Court and ask the clerks for advice as to what the document is in the first instance

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No, just a picture of the car, registered to me.

When you lose this case without them having any evidence you were driving the vehicle you’ve changed the game.

They’ll pursue every ticket after that.  You’ll be 100% responsible for shifting the balance of power to the parking companies and fucking it up for the rest of us.

Cheers 😢

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

How can it be an appeal if you've not lost a case yet?

I've not done civil law advice in years, but this talk of appeals doesn't sound right. Pop into the Sheriff Court and ask the clerks for advice as to what the document is in the first instance

So it's called a 'Simple Procedure Notice of Claim' 

It reads that if I don't respond, they will almost certainly award the claim to the claimant including interest and expenses.

It also states that the companies solicitor must serve me this document. I never signed for it, however is a photo of it being served now enough?

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

When you lose this case without them having any evidence you were driving the vehicle you’ve changed the game.

They’ll pursue every ticket after that.  You’ll be 100% responsible for shifting the balance of power to the parking companies and fucking it up for the rest of us.

Cheers 😢

Do they need to have evidence that I was driving even though the car is registered to me?

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Cheers 😢

I get what you're saying now.

However, because it's from the court, would I now need to disclose who was driving?

Reading more into the way out of this by using the 'I wasn't driving, and therfore never entered into a contract' line...

I see that the were going to introduce the Keeper Liability law in Scotland this year, does anyone know if this is in force yet? I can't seem to find anything on it.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Reading more into the way out of this by using the 'I wasn't driving, and therfore never entered into a contract' line...

I see that the were going to introduce the Keeper Liability law in Scotland this year, does anyone know if this is in force yet? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Citizens advice might be the best shout.

Still pisses me off that the DVLA give out people's details for unpaid invoices.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Don’t think that’s been introduced yet.