Parking fines

I didn't want to be dingied twice if you saw me in the pub.

you'll have to wait till the 2nd of January then. I'm away on holiday the week after the game, so I'll have stuff to sort out.

Getting a parking ticket in a shops car park is a bit silly really.

Only an utter, utter twat would drive into the middle of Glasgow today, put the wrong postcode into the sat nav then proceed to drive down the bus lane at Nelson Mandela.

:(

• 2 months later...

Ive been getting letters like that for four months now, apparently they're offering me a "reduced price" to pay which will prevent impending legal action if I dont pay it within a week. Same letter. For months.

I know she was told to bin the letters.. but now she's panicking a tad!!

The next one will be like this, bin that as well. They give up after about 6 months.

Dear <name>
Wright Hassall Reference <ref number>
PCN No. <PCN No.>
Vehicle Reg. <Reg.>
Location <as specified>
Issue date <" ">
Parking event <Stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited>
Car Park Operator <Vehicle Control Services Ltd.>
Outstanding Balance <£168.00>
We have been instructed by the above client in connection with the recovery of the debt, which has been incurred following the failure to repay the PCN. As a result of persistent non-payment a £18 administration fee has been added to the outstanding balance and we require you to make payment in full within the next 14 days.
Failure to make payment in full or contact us to discuss repayment of this debt may result in us recommending to our client that we pass this matter over to our litigation department. This may mean they will look to obtain a CCJ. The possible impacts of having a CCJ registered against you are:
. Negative impact to your credit rating
. Prevent future lending
. Affect current employment or future prospects of employment
. Enable enforcement action to commence, such as obtaining an Attachment of Earnings, placing a Charge on your property or applying for a Warrant of Execution (instructing a bailiff)
Please call us on <number> to make a payment by debit of credit card, this is the simplest and quickest method of payment or alternatively please send a cheque to the above address, quoting our reference number.
Please note that free independent advice and assistance can be obtained for the free independent advice organisations in the attached overleaf.
We hope to resolve this matter without the need of reviewing your outstanding liability; therefore we look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully
WRIGHT HASSALL LLP

I know she was told to bin the letters.. but now she's panicking a tad!!

If she puts the heating on full blast & opens all the winfows, that should do the trick. Worked for me but there's always kick her in the pie as back up.

Grimbo

Invite them to your funeral, that should stop it.

I'm already overbooked on the c***s side, I'll get my PA Deeser to send them a programme with accompanying DVD.

Grimbo

Eta to Guinness I've been informed of another sure fire way to get yer missus off. Send me some naked pictures (of her not you) it worked for a mate of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Cineworld at Silverburn and got one for long stay in the Tesco car park, is it bin material?

Yes. Had one at Silverburn for the same reason. It's not a fine - they just try and make it look like one. It means nothing. I binned it, got two letters in (I think) and haven't heard anything else. They haven't got a leg to stand on; they make their money from people panicking, thinking it's a "real" fine and paying rapidly without questioning it.

I got a parking ticket on Saturday morning after abandoning my car in town so I could enjoy might night out (ie get hammered until 2am). I was still too jaked to work the parking app, never mind move the car next day. If I write to them explaining I was too drunk to use my phone to add extra hours to my parking session do you think they'll let me off?

I got a parking ticket on Saturday morning after abandoning my car in town so I could enjoy might night out (ie get hammered until 2am). I was still too jaked to work the parking app, never mind move the car next day. If I write to them explaining I was too drunk to use my phone to add extra hours to my parking session do you think they'll let me off?

Maybe, if the person in the appeals department is also jaked out their box

Worth a try or you could coat your letter in an illicit powder substance & then anonymously clipe the polis about the druggy who works at the place were they send the parking notices from.

Grimbo

They're persistent anyway. I got one through the door yesterday for £185, from home bargains in Coatbridge, where I parked the day after Scotland beat Ireland 1-0 at Parkhead. More than a year ago now.

I got a letter today from a debt collection agency saying parking eye had passed me onto them for a charge from October 2013.

Interesting use of language as they invited me to settle the "debt". I know you should never ever acknowledge them but I am sorely tempted to phone up and have a conversation on the legal definition of debt. I wonder if I could trick them into some sort of public utterance and claim defamation.

Probably just put it in the bin.