the 15/16 table prediction thread

Anyone thinking Hearts will finish ahead of Aberdeen is wired to the moon.

Why? Aberdeen are pish. I remember a lot of fans of Partick, Killie, St MIrren etc saying Dundee would find the step up hard before a ball was kicked. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish above half the shite in this league again. Most teams should be aiming for second.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? Aberdeen are pish. I remember a lot of fans of Partick, Killie, St MIrren etc saying Dundee would find the step up hard before a ball was kicked. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish above half the shite in this league again. Most teams should be aiming for second.

They're obviously not pish at this level. They have strengthened a squad which was very consistent last year. They beat us, their nearest challengers, 4 times last season.

I'm not going to bother defending them any more. I'd love them to collapse in hilarious fashion, but it's not very likely.

They're obviously not pish at this level. They have strengthened a squad which was very consistent last year. They beat us, their nearest challengers, 4 times last season.

I'm not going to bother defending them any more. I'd love them to collapse in hilarious fashion, but it's not very likely.

they also struggled against Dundee every time they played us. My point is that is it not beyond most teams in the league to finish second. Your team finished just 10 points behind Aberdeen on a tiny budget.

they also struggled against Dundee every time they played us. My point is that is it not beyond most teams in the league to finish second. Your team finished just 10 points behind Aberdeen on a tiny budget.

Fair enough, I just don't think the other teams have strengthened enough (yet) to have squads capable of closing that gap over the course of a season. However, they didn't really go on a bad run last season so if they start poorly it'll be interesting to see how they respond.

John Sutton has scored goals everywhere but Hearts. He's a great signing for St J and if you had any idea about Scottish football outside your team you'd know he'll fit into St J's team very nicely.

By everywhere you mean Motherwell?

There's no doubt Hearts will again be a force (outside Celtic) just not this season, with the squad you have so far.

We're missing cover at the back and a midfielder. Then the squads perfectly capable of doing damage in this league.

Gomis and Buaben were great for United...once. Gomis in particular struggled after. John Sutton never suited Hearts but you know he will score goals. St Johnstone are a good bit stronger than Hearts - Easton, Davidson, Millar, Maclean and O'Halloran would walk into the Hearts side. So would Sutton actually :lol:

Erm. This is wrong.

The 9/2 on us being in the top 6 seems very generous IMHO.

Possibly taking into account that Accies and Thistle finished with more points than the Dees come season end.

Obviously that bare statistic is muddied by the fact Dundee kind of switched off in the split games and Thistle and Hamilton had to secure a couple of wins to make certain of avoiding the playoff slot.

It's unlikely but they're really nothing special and it certainly wouldn't be a shock if it happened. Big time bottlers.

A few seasons ago I would have found it hard to argue with that to be fair but it's pretty obvious the bottlers are/have been meticulously pruned from the squad by McInnes. Not only that we have just signed two club captains which can only add to the squads mental strength which is as healthy as it has been for decades. If this new keeper works out we could have a hell of a team this season with strength in depth in ever position. For me the surprise will be if we don't improve after last season and that's not said out of club loyalty.

Today we have a friendly against Aberdeen. Clearly the winners of this game will win the league

Archived