the 15/16 table prediction thread

Ah so now we get to the root of the problem: bitterness that you couldn't beat St Mirren. Nice one.

Erm, no. He's just an utterly shit footballer who failed miserably in one of the biggest games he'll play in.

This isn't difficult stuff.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Locke cost us that final, not Sutton. Sutton was pish, but we were bossing that game until Lennon changed his tactics and Locke's response was not to respond at all and stick with the original plan.

Erm, no. He's just an utterly shit footballer who failed miserably in one of the biggest games he'll play in.

This isn't difficult stuff.

When was Sutton released by the 11th placed team?

Gary Locke cost us that final, not Sutton. Sutton was pish, but we were bossing that game until Lennon changed his tactics and Locke's response was not to respond at all and stick with the original plan.

Yep, the whole Sutton thing has gone way over the top here.

The original claim was that he'd walk into our starting line-up, which is shite partly because Sutton doesn't suit us, partly because we've got Osman Sow who does and partly because Juanma is likely to be our main striker and no one here has any idea of his merits relative to Sutton yet.

I don't particularly like him as a player but there's no doubt he's capable of contributing goals in teams that suit his style. I'd dispute that his lack of success for Hearts was down to the rest of the team, though, because a really good striker should be flexible and capable of contributing something even if the team's style isn't perfectly suited to him. As has also been pointed out, our 2011-12 squad was hardly pish and Craig Beattie showed what a more dynamic striker could do in that team.

To give the Bonnyrigg Bumpkin a bit of a break, if Sutton scored that sitter it was game over.

When was Sutton released by the 11th placed team?

Sorry, are you trying to make it seem like you've swooped in and pulled off the deal of the summer for a player who was out of favour last season?

Sorry, are you trying to make it seem like you've swooped in and pulled off the deal of the summer for a player who was out of favour last season?

When was he released? Be specific.

To give the Bonnyrigg Bumpkin a bit of a break, if Sutton scored that sitter it was game over.

He played in all 38 league matches and 1 of the play off matches for Motherwell last season. 27 from the start. They also offered him a new contract.

Out of favour and released. IMO.

John Sutton was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

He's no Paul McCallum that's for sure.

What a dismal read these last few pages have been. Since when has Aurora Borealis turned into a Vikington tribute act?

John Sutton was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

Beniusis, Makela, Witteveen, Klimek, Mole, McCallum, Beckford, Lilley were all worse. And that's just a sample from the top of my head.

Beniusis, Makela, Witteveen, Klimek, Mole, McCallum, Beckford, Lilley were all worse. And that's just a sample from the top of my head.

Despite being awful, Makela and Lilley both had better goals per games average (while playing for Hearts) than Sutton.

Beniusis barely got a chance. Makela was poor, but better than Sutton. Witteveen, Mole and McCallum, probably all slightly worse yep. I really wanted him to do well, but he just never seemed interested for some reason.

Beniusis barely got a chance. Makela was poor, but better than Sutton. Witteveen, Mole and McCallum, probably all slightly worse yep. I really wanted him to do well, but he just never seemed interested for some reason.

Makela wasn't better than Sutton ffs.

Sutton was awful for us but his first touch wasn't a danger to low flying aircraft.

Think I've seen oil tankers move quicker than Sutton tbh.

The top speed on an oil tanker is 13 knots, which works out at around 15MPH.

An average human can run at about 10mph

Sutton must be LIGHTENING.

Can't wait to see this dynamo complete #baller play for us tbh.

Edit for being a general spacer.

Sutton was awful for us but his first touch wasn't a danger to low flying aircraft.

They were both honking. Choosing between them is a bit like choosing either your mate or your brother to have a go on your bird.

Touch of an angel...

Archived