the 15/16 table prediction thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sow and Juanma will both score more goals than the huddy Sutton .You can take that to the bank.

Sutton appears to have been good for Raith, piss for Dundee, good for Saint Mirren, piss for Wycombe, good for Motherwell, piss for Hearts, good for Motherwell again.

That pattern doesn't look good for Saint Johnstone

Today we have a friendly against Aberdeen. Clearly the winners of this game will win the league

Looks like Aberdeen will win the league, while we get relegated

Juanma's goalscoring record is woeful :lol:

Erm, it's certainly not woeful, and he has been playing at a higher standard than the Scottish Premiership in any case.

Not that it matters one bit. Look at Nadir Çiftçi before he went to United, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir_%C3%87ift%C3%A7i

Erm, it's certainly not woeful, and he has been playing at a higher standard than the Scottish Premiership in any case.

Not that it matters one bit. Look at Nadir Çiftçi before he went to United, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir_%C3%87ift%C3%A7i

26 in 122 - would you be happy if he continued scoring at that rate for Hearts?

Also, I doubt the majority of the Greek teams are much better than Scottish Premiership teams. The guy struggled to score in the Spanish 4th division anyway. Though based on the video you posted it looks like he's more of a link-up player than a goalscorer. You'll be struggling for goals if you don't sign one of the latter.

Fair enough, I just don't think the other teams have strengthened enough (yet) to have squads capable of closing that gap over the course of a season. However, they didn't really go on a bad run last season so if they start poorly it'll be interesting to see how they respond.

We started quite poorly last season to be fair with 3 losses in our first 5 games. A few consecutive wins to start off the season would have given us a clear lead against Celtic early on in the season. A lot was made of Celtic's big turnaround in fortunes in the second half of last season but we pretty much matched them form-wise until about March.

Would be a better goals to game ratio than John Sutton had for us tbf.

In seriousness though what he done in the Spanish 4th division when he was 19 is very unlikely to have any correlation with what he's like as a player now.

I'm happy to wait and see how he gets on without having unrealistic expectations of the boy. He might take to Scottish football brilliantly but then he wouldn't be the first to toil a bit.

Also, I doubt the majority of the Greek teams are much better than Scottish Premiership teams. The guy struggled to score in the Spanish 4th division anyway. Though based on the video you posted it looks like he's more of a link-up player than a goalscorer. You'll be struggling for goals if you don't sign one of the latter.

Erm, the Greek Superleague is consistently ranked ten places higher than the Scottish Premiership you utter, utter slaver. :lol:

Struggle for goals. :lol:

Wait, I forgot Hibs swooped in and signed a a released Championship player pulled off the bargain off the summer in getting James Keatings. :lol:

Erm, the Greek Superleague is consistently ranked ten places higher than the Scottish Premiership you utter, utter slaver. :lol:

Wait, I forgot Hibs swooped in and signed a a released Championship player pulled off the bargain off the summer in getting James Keatings. :lol:

The Scottish Premiership is ranked below the likes of Belarus and Cyprus as well so forgive me for taking them with a pinch of salt. Though if he is any good he'll only be using Hearts as a stepping-stone as he admits himself: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9895676/juanma-delgado-wants-hearts-move-to-win-him-english-switch

And let's not go there re Keatings - you were delighted when you signed him and most of you were gutted when he left. Proven #baller in the Championship and will achieve his 3rd promotion in a row next season, while you have Carrick and co still failing to hit a barndoor :lol:

The Scottish Premiership is ranked below the likes of Belarus and Cyprus as well so forgive me for taking them with a pinch of salt. Though if he is any good he'll only be using Hearts as a stepping-stone as he admits himself: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9895676/juanma-delgado-wants-hearts-move-to-win-him-english-switch

And let's not go there re Keatings - you were delighted when you signed him and most of you were gutted when he left. Proven #baller in the Championship and will achieve his 3rd promotion in a row next season, while you have Carrick and co still failing to hit a barndoor :lol:

I'll admit I was surprised we let Keatings go, especially on a free and even more so given we had to pay a development fee for Reilly. However Carrick when given a run of games proved himself more than capable of being a decent Premiership player. He's never really been noted for scoring goals, it's more his work rate, movement and link play that he's known for. We've got plenty goals in the likes of Walker and Sow however.

Our top scorer last year had 12 goals but we still scored 96 in total. The notion that teams need a "20 goals a season striker" to be successful is one of the biggest myths in football.

Another case in point:

2013-14 Kilmarnock with 22-goal Kris Boyd: 45 goals

2014-15 Kilmarnock without anyone in double digits: 44 goals.

Frantically Googling league rankings to try and justify your point :lol:

FWIW, I imagine the league rankings are based a lot on results from the European competitions, and with Olympiakos performing consistently well in the Champions League the league's overall ranking would be high. The standard outwith the top teams could be absolutely woeful, but the rankings don't take that into account. The same reason that Cyprus (APOEL) and Belarus (BATE) are ranked above the Scottish Premiership (as DC mentioned above).

Also, there was a very illuminating podcast on the corruption rife throughout the lower reaches of the Superleague that the BBC World Service put together. The show included claims that teams were regularly throwing games, which included players scoring four times a game (after not having scored for months) to try and increase their sell-on value etc.

There's no suggestion your new signing was a part of that, but to suggest that the Greek Superleague is some evenhanded competition where judgements can be made is just ludicrous.

I'll admit I was surprised we let Keatings go, especially on a free and even more so given we had to pay a development fee for Reilly. However Carrick when given a run of games proved himself more than capable of being a decent Premiership player. He's never really been noted for scoring goals, it's more his work rate, movement and link play that he's known for. We've got plenty goals in the likes of Walker and Sow however.

I wasn't particularly surprised at Keatings being released. He's the sort of player that gets on the end of a lot of chances but needs 3 or 4 to score, and he doesn't contribute all that much aside from that. Perfect for a team at the top end of the Championship, not so much for a middling Premiership team.

Archived