Premier League 2015-16

Why would he not criticise the players? They've been diabolical.

There's criticising players then there's accusing them of betraying you. There's a line you cross as a manager when criticising your players and on Monday he crossed that.

He lost the dressing room months ago

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not going to join Aston fucking Villa.

Along the same lines, I dare say the fap level of various Celtic message boards has just increased by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Mourinho would actually be the perfect fit at Celtic. Tap victim.

There's criticising players then there's accusing them of betraying you. There's a line you cross as a manager when criticising your players and on Monday he crossed that.

He lost the dressing room months ago

I think, tbf, he knew he was completely finished after the Leicester game and it was more of a parting shot at his players than criticism intended to provoke a positive reaction.

Agree that for whatever reason most of the players can't be bothered trying their best for him. Costa, Hazard, Fabregas in particular.

Without prime Drogba, Terry and Lampard on his side it's all unravelled. Don't see what other option Chelsea had - they could have had a clearout in January of the worst culprits and spent big bucks but writing this season off and bringing someone permanent in at the end of the season (Simeone or Guardiola in all likelihood) is the best option, really.

Ferguson said in his book he'd earmarked Mourinho and Moyes.

Mourinho wasn't available so it ended up being Moyes.

I haven't read Fergie's book but I'm sure I saw an extract where Fergie hand picked Moyes. He went to see him at his house and told him he was the next Man Utd manager, didn't give him any choice in the matter, just told him it was happening.

I haven't read Fergie's book but I'm sure I saw an extract where Fergie hand picked Moyes. He went to see him at his house and told him he was the next Man Utd manager, didn't give him any choice in the matter, just told him it was happening.

That definitely was in his book. However, I'm sure he's gone onto say (following Moyes being punted) that he was the chosen one simply because a whole host of others were unavailable. I'm sure Guardiola & Klopp were two of those mentioned.

That definitely was in his book. However, I'm sure he's gone onto say (following Moyes being punted) that he was the chosen one simply because a whole host of others were unavailable. I'm sure Guardiola & Klopp were two of those mentioned.

Ah yes of course. And if Moyes had been successful then he'd be basking in the glory. Typical pensioner, says one thing then when it goes tits up blames Alzheimers.

You'd know about spouting entirely tedious, non-astounding information now, wouldn't you?

Dont get being generally boring/tedious confused with constantly saying the same thing now Weeper

Dont get being generally boring/tedious confused with constantly saying the same thing now Weeper

He does have a point. I was going to mention the same thing but i fell asleep whilst reading your post

He does have a point. I was going to mention the same thing but i fell asleep whilst reading your post

You dont see the irony in you posting an insult folk use daily to me do you?

Tbf...there was also plenty of chat. ...albeit media chat....that the bean counters at old Trafford saw Jose as a toxic brand on basis of his behaviour especially at Madrid.....its not entirely proven that fergie n mourinho are real pals.....Jose seems to push that narrative n he had a strop when moyes got man u job.....

Yes, hand-picked him from everyone who was getable at the time. Jose and Pep were not.

That's about right I think.

SAF had dinner with Guardiola in Manhattan when Pep was on his sabbatical and asked him to phone when he was ready to take up a managers post again. He never heard from him.

I think it was during the programme about him on tv a couple of months ago that SAF came out with the lack of available options bit. Combined with him recounting the moment he went to tell David Gill he was retiring it just showed that United made a monster f**k up of him standing down. When he told Gill he was going to retire at the end of the season, Gill's response was more or less 'Hey, so am I, chuckle chuckle' in an apparent 'Oh what are we like' moment rather than the 'Oh, we can't both go' moment it should have triggered.

It's all very well having a gentleman's agreement that SAF could go when he wanted due to his record but the circumstances surely had to be right. It comes over as gross incompetence/arrogance/complacency that a billion pound, global business would let it's two most important people leave at the same time at short notice and no proper succession plan in place. At that level these things are usually planned in years, not months. They must have thought, wrongly, that Woodward was ready to succeed Gill, but that none of the first choice manager replacements were available and they settled for the first one further down the list that would take it simply compounds the situation.

Unless they punt Van Gaal United are heading for deja vu given the forthcoming managerial turnaround. That's unless it's not already too late of course.

Most "great" Manager's as ones like Jose buy great teams.

He should have been sacked after that incident with the Club Doctor.

To be fair to Mourinho his best achievements were at Porto and Internatzionale when relatively speaking he had his least financial resources.

Man Utd would do far worse than to punt Van Gaal pronto and get Jose in. He's precisely what that team needs

I always thought if Mourinho was to take over Man Utd, it would have been immediately after Ferguson. I think he would have been the only one with an ego big enough to handle it. I can't see him doing it now.

Man Utd will stick with van Gaal for the next 18 months, IMO, unless the remote chance of Guardiola wanting it comes up.

Archived