Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sanchez was dropped because he played in the Copa America then surely that's a ridiculous decision from Wenger?

There's a difference between resting a player & dropping him.

Resting Walcott and Sanchez is an obvious sign that Wenger assumed they'd just turn up and collect the points. Getting what they deserve.

What a nonsense post. :lol:

Neither were rested. Sanchez got given an extended break after the Copa America and only started training back with them about 2 weeks ago, he isn't match fit. And Walcott has played about 2 games up front in his entire career. Giroud has a great record against West Ham, and is a better player to put up against West Ham's centre-back's, who are 2 very physical players.

Resting players on the first game of the season. :lol: What a stupid thing to think tbh.

There's a difference between resting a player & dropping him.

I know there is that's why I mentioned the copa, but the final was 5 weeks ago. Surely he would be back fit, must be one of the fittest guys in Arsenals team, you'd think even just the 2 weeks back pre season would've been enough for him to come in and play today. Just find it strange personally

I know there is that's why I mentioned the copa, but the final was 5 weeks ago. Surely he would be back fit, must be one of the fittest guys in Arsenals team, you'd think even just the 2 weeks back pre season would've been enough for him to come in and play today. Just find it strange personally

Wenger wanted to give him an extended rest to avoid burn out this season as he's been playing non-stop for two years now. Its just common sense.

You seen how much he burned out in the 2nd half of last season. Wasn't the same player he was for the first 6 months of the season. Wenger will be wary of doing the same thing again this season, especially when he hasn't had a full summer off like everyone else.

What a nonsense post. :lol: Neither were rested. Sanchez got given an extended break after the Copa America and only started training back with them about 2 weeks ago, he isn't match fit. And Walcott has played about 2 games up front in his entire career. Giroud has a great record against West Ham, and is a better player to put up against West Ham's centre-back's, who are 2 very physical players. Resting players on the first game of the season. :lol: What a stupid thing to think tbh.
I'm watching on NBC, supposedly Sanchez only started training again on Monday. So not even a week back at training.

That 16 year old was superb today. Looks quite a talent

He was alright, nowhere near worthy of the inevitable "shud b in the England squad", "worth £40m" and "well worth his new £100k a week contract" shite that'll come from this though

He was alright, nowhere near worthy of the inevitable "shud b in the England squad", "worth £40m" and "well worth his new £100k a week contract" shite that'll come from this though

Niall Quinn's already started it with his ''a star is born'' pish.

I'm watching on NBC, supposedly Sanchez only started training again on Monday. So not even a week back at training.

Well that makes more sense

This has been great. Wasn't even going to bother too. Looking forward to Wengers post match interview 8)

Archived