Yet another US shooting

Was listening to a bit on the radio yesterday where an American guy was talking about the open carry law in Texas.  Speaking about a group of middle aged white guys protesting something whilst carrying side arms on view.  The guy said that even though he himself was white he found it very intimidating.  The implication being how much more scared would you be by this if you were non-white.

What a screwed up country.

In Florida just now and staying in a gated community of villas. Couple of nights ago got a knock on the door and it was a black guy saying him and his friends were going to have a party across the street and told us not to be alarmed and to please just tell them if it was too loud and not phone the police. Seemed quite concerned that the police coming to a big house party of black guys might not go well. Felt like I was living back in the dark ages.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

In Florida just now and staying in a gated community of villas. Couple of nights ago got a knock on the door and it was a black guy saying him and his friends were going to have a party across the street and told us not to be alarmed and to please just tell them if it was too loud and not phone the police. Seemed quite concerned that the police coming to a big house party of black guys might not go well. Felt like I was living back in the dark ages.

Racist.  No wonder you didn't get an invite.

I'm sure of course that no drugs were involved and as such the police arriving wouldn't be a good idea. I would do the same thing if I was having a party here.

If it was due to fear of the police turning up and shooting etc then it is pretty shocking that people have to live their lives like this but my guess is it may have been more to do with weed smoking etc.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm sure of course that no drugs were involved and as such the police arriving wouldn't be a good idea. I would do the same thing if I was having a party here.

If it was due to fear of the police turning up and shooting etc then it is pretty shocking that people have to live their lives like this but my guess is it may have been more to do with weed smoking etc.

The guy was certainly hinting towards it being because they were all young and black, but you could well be right that it was just covering up if they'd be doing drugs.

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Are shootings in the US even newsworthy anymore?

I'm not sure they ever were, but seeing as the UK media has such a hardon for the States that some snow in New York is deemed newsworthy it's not surprising.

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Are shootings in the US even newsworthy anymore?

When I've looked at local papers in the States shootings are usually short pieces in the crime section, rarely on the front page. Any incident now with live 24 hour coverage is seen as a potential terrorist massacre in the offing.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another police shooting in the US of a black person. Black Lives Matter are all over this, heavy rioting in Milwaukee where the incident took place. Problem is, he was shot by a black police officer for refusing to drop a handgun he had stolen. Plenty of reports on twitter of violence being inflicted on white people by BLM activists, including a white BLM supporter being shot or stabbed in the neck.

The "Victim" apparently was involved in gun crime last year and shot someone. 

Cp2MzHVWEAAGCgU.jpg:large

His sister has been filmed encouraging the rioters to target suburbs

#Milwaukee must protect the right to peaceful protest. #Right2Protest

74 retwe

Really dropping the ball here, right to protest is one thing, but right to riot?
Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Whilst I believe BLM are a racist organisation intent on stirring up racial hatred, I don't think every black riot is down to them. However, by being so high profile they're going to take the stick for it from the media and the whole thing will become self-fulfilling.

Don't know what can be done about it. Unless BLM forcibly come out and repeatedly denounce violence, rioting and looting every time they occur, they'll continue to be associated by it.

Personally I think they want a race war and are quite happy about the situation.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Whilst I believe BLM are a racist organisation intent on stirring up racial hatred, I don't think every black riot is down to them. However, by being so high profile they're going to take the stick for it from the media and the whole thing will become self-fulfilling.

Don't know what can be done about it. Unless BLM forcibly come out and repeatedly denounce violence, rioting and looting every time they occur, they'll continue to be associated by it.

Personally I think they want a race war and are quite happy about the situation.

They actively promote Segregation and stir up racial tension. I absolutely think they are a racist movement 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

This latest incident was indeed in a notorious neighborhood with a bit of white-bashing history, so no direct BLM link though they were chanting "Black Power" among other things. BLM certainly gives some impetus for people to riot, and I don't think they'll be condemning rioting any time soon. Anything and everything that you can use to twist into the narrative that you're an oppressed group is useful.

Amazingly as always my self-loathing white liberal friends are silent over the latest riots. Some of the white BLM useful idiots may now start to wake the f**k up.

Edited by banana